Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-11-2015, 07:26 AM   #1
lazyt
lazyt began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistem E Reader Pro +
eReader Pro+ boot loop

Hi all -

I've been having the same issues as everyone else related to battery life ever since purchasing my Pro+. I recently tried updating to v2, and since my device has been in a loop showing the heart animation.

Being on a mac I was limited in what tools I could use to debug/flash, etc, and I don't see the device with adb (even after adding the vendor id to the adb ini file). I have also tried putting the v2 update.zip in the root of an sd card and power cycling the device, but it's in the same loop.

If I was frustrated with this device until now, I'm twice as much so. I don't want to reach out to ES again, as that process (between attitude and language barrier) is nothing but pain.

What can I do to get my device back in order? Thanks!
lazyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:40 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
First I would try a reset, as described in this post.

If this is not working you can allways go back by using the windows tools and methods described in this thread if you can find a windows computer. I never heard of a Mac version of the flashtools.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:05 AM   #3
lazyt

Thank you. I've done the reset thing about 20 times before posting! Just tired again. I get the robot, hit reset, and I'm right back to the heart logo looping forever.

I'll try to get hold of a windows pc at some point. At what point should I connect the ereader: when the robot is on its back, or during the boot loop?
Old 09-11-2015, 10:58 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyt View Post
Thank you. I've done the reset thing about 20 times before posting! Just tired again. I get the robot, hit reset, and I'm right back to the heart logo looping forever.

I'll try to get hold of a windows pc at some point. At what point should I connect the ereader: when the robot is on its back, or during the boot loop?

Neither one. Switch it off (long-power-click) - press and hold refresh button and connect via usb without switching it on. Keep holding the refresh button some seconds after connecting via usb. It should be recognized by ROM_Dumper_Tool ("Found one loader device"). Rom and I guess loader tool too should be found at the energy website.
Feel free to ask more but everything is explained in the RK3026 E-Readers Kitchen thread.

I had this bootloop too ones or twice but flashing the system partition did the trick for me. As long as the boot partition is not destroyed, my devices has shown quite a resistance against bricking. Be careful though I don't know the content of the mentioned firmware file. Recovery options are depending on it (I guess it is a full image v. 1.0 with rkbatchtool included. If so, the steps are a little different but an instruction should be in the archive).
Old 09-12-2015, 02:21 AM   #5
nhedgehog
Guru

PS: Since you are allready there, You can also try the adapted C67ML 1.7.2 ROM FOV5 provided (or wait for the 1.7.3 version he working on). It has a nice battery life and some other good features. The only bad thing I could find about it is, that the refresh/light button is not working. Refresh button alternative is longclick right previous page button. Be sure to use the version with standard factory markings, the other one is for those who know what they are doing since it is restructuring the internal memory distribution.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:59 PM   #6
lazyt

Thanks nhedgehog, so much! My issue can be summarized as "not knowing how to connect the device". I was able to use virtualBox just fine, reset to v1 and then upgrades - successfully - to v2. Thanks!