Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #76
Caltsar
Zealot
Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: nook Touch, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Easy; Apple expects the world to conform to their platform. Blackboard is the one out of step; not Apple.
My experience with Blackboard is that they ARE out of step with the world, not just Apple... but that's a rant for another day

(Mostly along the lines of its lack of conformance with accessibility standards and horrid formatting for screen readers and other alternative display methods.)
Caltsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #77
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltsar View Post
My experience with Blackboard is that they ARE out of step with the world, not just Apple... but that's a rant for another day

(Mostly along the lines of its lack of conformance with accessibility standards and horrid formatting for screen readers and other alternative display methods.)
Perhaps both need to update, but it doesn't make up for iPad not supporting Flash.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #78
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Perhaps both need to update, but it doesn't make up for iPad not supporting Flash.
Definitely!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #79
Joonbug1
Groupie
Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'd be happy to take his iPad off his hands if he hates it so much... and I'm not even a fan of touchscreens or tablets.
Joonbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #80
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
At 3:30am I have discovered why everyone complains about no Flash player. I went on Blackboard, for school, to view my prof's chapter review power points, which is, essentially, everything that we need to know. After nothing came up, I remembered that iPad doesn't support Flash. I wonder how they expect to become a staple for education if students, like myself are finding so many snags after owning it for less than 24hrs?
I have to admit I have not even tried to access BlackBoard with the iPad. My school uses it too. I don't see any way for the iPad to become even a contender with me for school work - not only due to the non-Flash limitation, but because my desktop is a dual monitor setup, which I have found invaluable for doing schoolwork. I can have BlackBoard open on one monitor, the ebook or Word open on the other one. I also find I concentrate better if I'm sitting in my desk chair, in front of my desktop - I have my mind "trained" to know that when I do that and open BlackBoard, it's school time and time to minimize distractions. I did try doing some reading for classes out on the couch with my netbook, and found it didn't work as well for me. Again not an iPad limitation, a self imposed one, LOL.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #81
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
I thought Blackboard had a few iOS apps for their users-I know they actually bought an iOS developer a couple years ago.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #82
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
I thought Blackboard had a few iOS apps for their users-I know they actually bought an iOS developer a couple years ago.
They do?!! Let me go check!

Edit: Well, it's a nice app, sans the flash support. I still couldn't access that info.

Last edited by SolRaven; 03-15-2011 at 11:37 PM.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #83
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Not using it to access Blackboard, but I did install Docs To Go and I'm taking a pdf to read for school and the questions we're supposed to answer about it with me today. We'll see how it goes.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #84
cavi
Connoisseur
cavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enough

Device: prs600
I had a ipad 1 the day they came out and for me the lack of flash actually ended up causing me to sell it a couple of months ago when I got a Galaxy tab. But I now have ordered a ipad 2 as the rest of the galaxy tab really could not compare to the ipad. I will also state that the majority of my reading is done on a kindle 3 as the ipad di give me headaches after long periods.
Now do not get me wrong, I still feel I am going to miss the flash, but I am giving in because the rest of it is better.
The real truth is that it would be even better if they did allow flash support, maybe they could keep flash apps off it, but at least allow flash reader. I know as I hope the rest of you do that the only reason apple has fought it is the $. Everything else is BS.
That bieng said, I am waiting for my ipad 2, hopefully at the end of April....
cavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #85
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
I would gladly take that iPad ...
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote