Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 11-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #1
minghao
minghao began at the beginning.

Device: None
Participating Google Summer of Code

Hello,
My name is Minghao Shan, a Junior Computer Science Major. I recently started using Calibre on my Kindle. It was awesome and I am really impressed!
I am writing this thread to suggest participating in Google Summer of Code. Link is here: https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/

The reason I am suggesting is that in 2017's organization list, there was none that is about ebooks, while it is so important in our life. There are simply very few eBook management tools available, even fewer are opensource.

I would be more than happy to help in any way! Looking to hear back from you! My email is minghao8shan@gmail.com.

Sincerely,
Minghao Shan
minghao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm not particularly keen to go through the GSOC process. I tend to find the amount of work involved in mentoring someone rather more than the amount of work it would take for me to implement the feature myself.

Generally, if anyone wishes to participate in the development of calibre, they are welcome to do so directly -- https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html

That said, if there is somebody keen to work on calibre, and they have an idea about what they want to work on, I am happy to go through the GSOC process.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert