Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 11:17 AM   #1
keyser666
keyser666 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxy tab
search question gui vs command line

Hi,

I did a little bit of searching (not exhaustively) and couldn't find a similar thread, so I apologize if this has been asked/answered already.

I've been using calibre for quite a while, but recently I noticed something weird, at least to my understanding. It has to do with searches:

if I (for example) use the gui and put in the following search criteria:

series: Green Lantern Vol 3
series index: 38

the search yields 1 result, Green Lantern Vol 3 #38

when I use the command line, and execute:

calibredb search series:"Green Lantern Vol 3" series_index:"38"

it yields 5 results:

Green Lantern Corps Vol 2 #38
Green Lantern Vol 1 #38
Green Lantern Vol 2 #38
Green Lantern Vol 3 #38
Green Lantern Vol 4 #38

Curious minds wonder why the difference in search result/behaviour, and more importantly, how I can make the command line behave the same way as the gui

Thanks in advance!
keyser666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibredb search 'series:"Green Lantern Vol 3" AND series_index:"38"'
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert