Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-03-2014, 06:27 AM   #1
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Question Adding space between paragraphs

A pretty basic question. I would like to add spacing between paragraphs. In Calibre, I right click on an ebook, convert books- individually, I checked 'Insert blank lines between paragraphs' in Look And Feel, Line size 1.5 em. Then the ebook gets converted but when I preview it in Calibre, I see no changes. Any help?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Sounds like you are doing it right. Is this not working for all books or just some. Some books this won't work for me, but does on most. Same with indents.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Adding space between paragraphs

Got it solved. The ebook is initially in AZW3 format but when it got converted to add blank lines it converted to KePUB. I didn't know that I had to choose AZW3 for Output format. So I did that and the blank lines between paragraphs got added. I then converted the ebook to the format I want (KePUB).

Thanks for the reply though
Old 04-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Got it solved. The ebook is initially in AZW3 format but when it got converted to add blank lines it got converted to KePUB. I didn't know that I had to choose AZW3 for Output format. So I did that and the blank lines between paragraphs got added. I then converted the ebook to KePUB.

Thanks for the reply!
If you want most of your books as AZW3 change preferences>behavior>preferred input order so that AZW3 is at the top. The default output is the same as the top preferred input.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:32 PM   #5
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
If you want most of your books as AZW3 change preferences>behavior>preferred input order so that AZW3 is at the top. The default output is the same as the top preferred input.

Helen

Thank you. I wanted to convert to KePUB in the first place because I want to sideload the book to my Kobo ereader.
Advert
Old 04-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
The attachment shows useful related tweak

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	121194  

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-03-2014 at 04:37 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote