Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #811
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerococo View Post
Hello all,

My Kobo will not star anymore. Screen is blank and no reset works. I have opened it and I will try with the firmware image on the internal SD Card. Any advice to remove it without broken it??

FCC ID: NOIKBN905B
IC 8857A-KBN905B
I have sent you a PM with the link for the Touch N905.

To open the device, have a look at Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. That has photos of opening the Glo, and opening the Touch is similar.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:58 AM   #812
ruchtbarron
ruchtbarron began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n905b
I need the image for a n905B can you help me?
Kindest regards
Advert
Old 04-28-2018, 08:35 AM   #813
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent in response to the later PM.

And for the record, the PM didn't speed up the response. In fact, it slowed it down because I ended up checking that there were two requests from the same person. Everyone, be a bit patient. I'm here a lot, but you need to give me a reasonable amount of time to respond.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #814
kovkov
kovkov began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi there!

I have the same problem as the original poster: screwed with the internal SD after the files got corrupted, because my gf interrupted synchronizing and now it's frozen with a blinking green light.

Can someone give me an image?

I have a Kobo Touch
FCC ID: NOIKBN905C
IC: 8857a-KBN905C
MODEL: N905C
Old 05-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #815
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Advert
Old 05-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #816
Hota-chan
Hota-chan began at the beginning.

Hi there!

I have the same problem, was gonna use my Kobo, it didn't turned on, tried chanrging it, nothing, tried to soft reset, nothing, tried a factory reset, and it kept flashing the light forever :s

Can someone give me an image?

I have a Kobo Touch
FCC ID: NOIKBN905C
IC: 8857a-KBN905C
MODEL: N905C

Thank you!
Old 05-10-2018, 12:37 PM   #817
philly1123
philly1123 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo N647B
hi is it possible I can get a copy of sd card image for kobo N647B Thanks in advance
Old 05-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #818
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@philly1123, Hota-chan: PMs sent.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:49 PM   #819
spykerthedog
spykerthedog began at the beginning.

Hi sorry I might have posted in the wrong thread. But could I have an image file for a kobo touch N905B?
Old 05-13-2018, 03:09 AM   #820
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:48 AM   #821
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

if possible could I have the image for the n905c version please.... just incase I screw it up
Old 05-14-2018, 02:36 AM   #822
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:49 PM   #823
pjmKobo
pjmKobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905B
Hi there,

I'm trying to load TopHat soaring software on my Touch N905B on a new SD card with an image of the N905C firmware. Unfortunately it hangs as soon as I need to use the touch screen to setup the device with the new image.

Could I have a copy of the N905B SD image please so I can see if that makes a difference?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-02-2018, 09:10 PM   #824
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Internally, the N905B and N905C are different. They use different kernels and u-boot images and probably drivers. I would not expect the N905B to work properly from an N905C image. So, PM sent
Old 06-08-2018, 07:48 PM   #825
pjmKobo
pjmKobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905B
Thanks Davidfor, that image worked immediately! I now have TopHat running nicely on the nice 6" screen on the Kobo Touch N905B, just need to wire up the GPS chip and I'm away!

For info, this is what I'm at: http://gethighstayhigh.co.uk/kobo-self-build/

Kind regards!
PJM
Closed Thread