Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Overdrive epub library book

So I went and checked out my first ebook from my local library, yeah I know I am behind the times on that one!

Anyway it is in epub format but when I try to open it on my PB360 I get a DRM related error "Cannot Open Book. Perhaps the Book is damaged or protected"

I can open the book in Digital Editions on my computer and on my Cool-er.

I am running D101.14.2 firmware.

Is there something extra I need to do to authorize the PB360?

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Did you transfer the book to more than 5 devices?

Other way would be just to try to remove the DRM via a python script (giyf)
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
This the very first DRM'ed ebook you try to run?
(Make sure you're using ADOBEVIEWER instead of FBReader. Just in case, okay?)

If so, its not the book but the ADE authorization for the PB360.
First, make sure you're not exceeding the 6 device limit.
Then, disconnect the PB360.
Then run ADE.
Then connect the PB360 to see if ADE recognizes it
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
sassanik -

When I hook my PB360 up to my PC and open Adobe Digital Editions (ADE), I get two PB360 icons - one for the device memory and one for the SD card.

I've discovered that if I put the borrowed library books on the SD card, I get the error that you mentioned. Looking at the Digital Editions folder(s) on my device, I see the ADE manifest is on the main memory, while the books are on the SD card. I figure that's the problem.

So, I put the books in the PB360's main memory and ta da! They are there and I can open them. I just have to remember to open then with AdobeViewer as I've installed the program that automatically opens FBreader...

Anyway. If you DO have Adobe authorizations - try this. I hope it helps.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
DRM

Yes I have read DRM books on my PB360 before without any problems. I believe I only have 2 devices and my computer authorized, so that should not take up all of the available one.

I have several other books on the device that are DRM'd and they open fine.

I did select ADE Viewer for it instead of FBreader.

Its most odd, I will have to futz around with it later.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 06:04 AM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Yes I have read DRM books on my PB360 before without any problems. I believe I only have 2 devices and my computer authorized, so that should not take up all of the available one.

I have several other books on the device that are DRM'd and they open fine.

I did select ADE Viewer for it instead of FBreader.

Its most odd, I will have to futz around with it later.

Amy
Please keep us updated on the problem. Marilyn is right, btw, the new version of ADE does show the PB twice and you have to move your books to the main memory. Books on the card wil not be recognized as authorized.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote