Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
Herbertie
Herbertie began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen cybook gen 3
how to install dictionary

Hello,

since Yesterday I am in possesion of an E-reader , a Bookeen cybook Gen 3.

I am Dutch, and I read English books for fun and Education. I want to use A dictionary for difficult words. were can I download/buy a Dictionary? and how I have to install it?

Thanks,
Herbertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hi Herbertie, welcome to MobileRead!

Installing a dictionary is easy - just copy it into the directory "ebooks" on your Gen3.

More problems you will have to find an English-Dutch dictionary. You can try your Dutch ebook stores if they sell dictionaries in mobi file format, you can try www.mobipocket.com or Amazon. With Amazon you would have the problem that you have to strip the copy protection "DRM".

If all this doesn't help maybe you can repeat your question in the "Which one should I buy"-section, I think more Dutchs are reading this section than the Cybook part here.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
Herbertie

thanks,

I only want a En-EN dictionary, a kind of OXFORD dictionary. that's shows te meaning of the words or a synoniem.

I am going to try the install

thanks
Old 09-07-2011, 02:28 AM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Sorry that I misunderstood you in regard of the dictionary. It should be no problem to find an English-English one.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:46 AM   #5
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Just one thing, the dictionary has to be in a format that the Cybook can read! If you have the Cybook firmware for mobipocket, the dictionary must be in mobi format, and you will be able to use it to look up a word directly from a book you are reading. Unfortunately that is the only practical way to use a dictionary on a gen3, since there is no search or lookup function within the dictionary itself.

If you have the ePub firmware, I don't think you can really use a dictionary. The ePub format doesn't include a dictionary definition at the moment. You could convert a dictionary to ePub format, but again it's not of much practical use since you will be unable to search for a word, and the look-up functionality is not supported by the ePub firmware.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
Herbertie

Oke thanks,

I now have a Oxford dictionary but it's 600 mb's en that's to big for my cybook.

I don't know what firmware en and formats I have. I now use epub and pdf.

what is an alternative for a dictionary on cybook, were I can lookup words?

It isn't a problem to pay for it.

greetz,
Herbert
Old 09-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbertie View Post
Oke thanks,

I now have a Oxford dictionary but it's 600 mb's en that's to big for my cybook.

I don't know what firmware en and formats I have. I now use epub and pdf.

what is an alternative for a dictionary on cybook, were I can lookup words?

It isn't a problem to pay for it.

greetz,
Herbert
If you read ePubs, then you are using the ePub firmware, and unfortunately that doesn't support dictionaries of any kind, as far as I am aware.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote