Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-28-2017, 03:59 PM   #286
Dazrin
▲▲▼▼◀▶◀▶ⒷⒶ
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You may continue reading after you meet your goal for the year.
Of course. It just feels like I let myself down when I finish a yearly goal in August. I was expecting it to take till at least November when I set it. This has just been a weird (good weird, but weird) reading year for me.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2017, 09:58 AM   #287
Wearever
Evangelist
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Kindle hdx 8.9, Kindle PW3, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Finished The Heir Apparent by Jane Ridley, a biography of Edward the VII . I thought it was long at 752 pages, not nearly as long as War & Peace though.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:50 AM   #288
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm still doing well, I've read over 1000 pages above average for the first 8 months of the year. Last year I had a reading slump from August until mid January. This year I'm doing well. February was the worst month, but it always is, I'm not sure why, followed by December and November. Those last two are explainable since they are the busiest months in the store, I work more and thus have a less time to read.

For September I've decided to not read any long books (500+ pages) (unless part of my ongoing series), I've read quite a few of those during summer and I feel I need quicker reads at the moment.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:43 AM   #289
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Another month gone by... I beat my page count this month for the year, but I am slipping again on my reading outside the US. 63 books by American authors and 60 by non-American authors. I want to tip the scales by the end of the year.

Geeky charts attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Country Breakdown.PNG
Views:	20
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	158794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Genre Breakdown.PNG
Views:	22
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	158795   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pages Per Month.PNG
Views:	20
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	158796  
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:07 AM   #290
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
So it's been a bit down and up this year for me. But here we are at the end of July, and my TBR is down 15 on the start of the year
August was another bad month. My TBR is now only down by 11 on the start of the year (although that includes the two subscription books that I count today.)

I don't anticipate buying more than one or two books for the rest of September, so perhaps I can get my TBR reduction into the 20s by the end of the month!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:36 PM   #291
Wearever
Evangelist
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Kindle hdx 8.9, Kindle PW3, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Read two fiction books so far for September, although one was surprisingly different than what I expected. The Child Thief by Dan Smith, did have a child thief , but the reason for taking them was not what I thought would happen , as in so many others of this genre. Time , place and atmosphere of an Ukrainian winter told the story of one man's determination to get his niece back , with the backstory of newly enforced communism rule. The man and his village are waiting to lose there homes, small farms, and property by Russian soldiers. Then he must leave to find his niece , by tracking her through the snow, and passes other villages along the way, all left to the same fate. Very well plotted story with new twists and turns along the way. Although gruesome in parts, it read more like a historical novel. and the times he was living in.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote