Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-30-2018, 09:17 PM   #1
immortal192
immortal192 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Oasis 2 features on the Aura One? Paperwhite 4?

I'm new to ereaders and have done quite a bit of reading. I know I'll want an e-ink-based ereader as it's better for the eyes (important to me since I'm on the computer 10+ hours a day already). I plan to read a lot of books, textbooks (about programming) and PDFs (articles). Obvious candidates for my budget of ~$300 is the Kobo Aura One and Kindle Oasis 2. The Paperwhite is also attractive since it's easily the best bang-for-the-buck, especially with the upcoming Paperwhite 4. And the new Kobo Clara HD should also be in the talks as it appears to be a direct competitor to the Paperwhite.

Anyway, it seems other than lighting and dimensions, there isn't too significant of a difference in terms of hardware, so I'm mostly interested about the software side of things (I don't mind installing firmwares, sideloading apps, or whatnot). So...

Are there lots of 3rd party features that can be added to both the Kobo and Kindle devices? Ae these in the form of "apps" where features can be added to an existing operating system or do they come as a whole package (all-or-nothing)? Are there third-party operating systems for these ereaders or is it expected that we continue to use the native operation systems and we just sideload apps that we like?

Things I like about the Oasis 2:

On the Oasis 2, there is vocabulary builder. This is crucial and I'm wondering if there is a similar feature for the Aura One. On a quick google search, I see that `MyWords=true` enables that. However, a vocabulary builder like the way Oasis 2 does it is practical: it gathers all your vocabulary words and then you can easily browse through them flash cards style with the term and the definition on the same "card". Whatever Aura One's implementation is should be similar--if it's just showing a history of words you looked up in the dictionary and then you get to select the word and it will find the definition again in the dictionary, then that's not ideal because it's not as fast and intuitive and you can't quickly switch between different words. I'm hoping someone can describe what vocabulary builder is like for the Aura One.

On the Oasis 2, there is multi-page navigation and quick reference to a different page via pop-up. The former is where you get a preview of a handful of pages in the form of large thumbnails--this is useful because you can find a page if you know generally what it looks like without needing to flip back and forth to find it. The latter is useful because you can quickly return to the page you're on after referring to a different page--again, no constant flipping back and forth. Is there something similar for the Aura One?

On the Oasis 2, there is a feature called "X-ray". It's actually really cool but potentially very gimmicky--I'm curious how you guys feel about it. I'm just wondering if it could be useful for using in textbooks where you want to find references to a certain term and more importantly the context. Is there an alternative for the Aura One?

It's a newer device--the Aura One is from 2016. On a side note, I'm surprised I haven't come across any news on the successor to the Aura One--isn't it time for a revamp?

Things I like about the Aura One:

The ComfortLight honestly seems like a must and might potentially be the deal-breaker for me for the Oasis 2 which doesn't have it. On the computer and phone, I use an application that adjusts the color temperature of the screen to ease my eyes and I can't imagine using my computer without it. I know that automatic adjustment doesn't work too well, but I don't mind manually adjusting it. For those who have both the Aura One and a Kindle, what do you think of this feature? Is it as useful as you think? I believe the Paperwhite 4 is expected to have something similar so that's something to consider.

It has a bigger screen. Someone said that it's not actually that significant because the amount of text displayed is similar due to how the Aura One has its margins or whatnot. However, I want to read some textbooks and PDFs and having decent size font and having as much words as possible on the screen is ideal.

It has more customizations on how a page looks (including fonts). I believe you can somehow load other "unsupported" fonts on the Kindle, and if you can, then perhaps these customizations might be overrated, since I've never actually heard of anyone complaining about the limited options by the Kindle in this regard.

I know that for a Kindle, you get a smoother and more streamlined experience in general, with a cleaner UI and less hard freezes.

It seems I should go for the Oasis 2, but I get the sense that there is a larger collection of apps to sideload for the Kobo than the Kindle. Is this the case? I feel like there is a bigger community of tinkerers and development/distribution of (open-source?) apps. As a programmer myself, I kind it view Kobo vs. Kindle as Android vs. iOS, in which case I prefer Android and therefore I should prefer the Kobo.

Any comments is much appreciated, even if it's to share your experience on a feature I've mentioned.

P.S. Some I have some assumptions--are these correct?

* Format of files don't matter at all for both Kindle and Aura one, since Calibre exists.

* Both continually receive updates and may have significant features added.

* All of these features work even for books/textbooks/PDFs/etc. If the source of these files was from my professor, for example, then these features will still work.
immortal192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:57 AM   #2
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
Kobo Aura One is better for PDF, since here is Koreader and screen size is bigger.
Kobo is more customizable then Kindle.
But Kindle's own software better than default one on Kobo.
Nothing is perfect ))
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2018, 07:10 PM   #3
immortal192

Can't the Oasis 2 also use the KOReader?
Old 05-31-2018, 07:48 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal192 View Post
Only if it can be jailbroken and it might not be able to. Besides, for reading PDF, the 7.8" screen of the KA1 is better.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #5
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
Quote:
No, for now it is impossible. BTW, you can't install side programs on Oasis 1 as well. I was told the same "maybe in the future...". This future never come ))
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #6
Ansl
Enthusiast
Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo H2O2v1
Quote:
On the Oasis 2, there is a feature called "X-ray". It's actually really cool but potentially very gimmicky--I'm curious how you guys feel about it. I'm just wondering if it could be useful for using in textbooks where you want to find references to a certain term and more importantly the context. Is there an alternative for the Aura One?
X-ray is only enabled on (most?) Amazon-purchased books, not for side-loaded content. You also cannot choose which terms it picks up on what kind of context it gives you. I read mostly fiction, and often the only data it offers is a single quote mentioning a character (not even an introduction but a random line from the work) and some setting info (like that London is the capital of England...) Apparently, most of sensibly-presented data originates from Shelfari users, and Amazon closed that website down almost two and a half years ago ... In any case, the feature is not what I was expecting and likely not very useful to you, either. Sorry.

Quick navigation on the Kindle might be an advantage if you only need to hop between a couple of different pages at a time. In this regard, it's better than Kobo, which can only ever return to the previous location, but if you need to do some serious page-flipping, I'm afraid hardcopy remains your best alternative.

Neither device is at its best displaying PDF though Kindle is natively better at it. Adding in KOReader might give the edge to Kobo, and the size of the ONE definitely does.

The real advantages of Kindle, as far as I am concerned, are
1) the better dictionary
2) in-book access to Bing translator
3) dictionary and translator work on PDFs, too
4) the ability to annotate articles from Instapaper (getting these to the device is not as straightforward as the Pocket integration on Kobo, but worth the extra effort if you want to really engage with stuff from the internet, IMO)

I have no personal experience of Kobo's ComfortLight Pro, but am a bad enough sleeper that I usually have to turn the Glo HD's light completely off at night and use an external lamp instead. I certainly hope the warm light does what it promises though there probably is no good data to say so yet.

I would not necessarily say Kindles are stabler, by the way. The one in my household freezes and reboots seemingly every time I sideload something onto it ... I do clean up the files, but apparently there is no combating the magic touch.
Ansl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:16 PM   #7
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
Quote:

On the Oasis 2, there is multi-page navigation and quick reference to a different page via pop-up. The former is where you get a preview of a handful of pages in the form of large thumbnails--this is useful because you can find a page if you know generally what it looks like without needing to flip back and forth to find it. The latter is useful because you can quickly return to the page you're on after referring to a different page--again, no constant flipping back and forth. Is there something similar for the Aura One?

In Koreader we can use "bookmarks list" and "go back to previous location" under the menu (one tap for the menu, additional tap for "go back to previous location" and bookmark list), but we can also set left & right swipe gestures for getting quickly to the latest bookmarked page (e.g. notes at the end of the book) and as quickly back.

e.g. if the latest bookmarked page was p.400 and we are currently at p. 200, left-swipe will bring us to p.400 and then the right-swipe back to p.200, and if we then use bookmark-list to e.g. jump to bookmarked p.300 , we can use left swipe for getting to p. 400 (latest bookmark in the list), right-swipe for getting to p.300 and an additional right swipe for getting to p.200 i.e. it remembers location-history, so if we had used four consecutive items from the bookmarked-list we would've needed four right-swipes to get to p.200.

There is also similar, so-called bookmark-browse mode, that we can enter and exit either through menu or by taping on the top-left corner, wherein a left swipe is used for the latest bookmark, but just for pdf/djvu at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansl View Post
3) dictionary and translator work on PDFs, too
In Koreader we can use dictionaries on PDFs too.

I don't have problems with the lack of some functions, though, because I don't mind using another e-reader or tablet as I read on the other, as is usually the case with the need for color recognition, better annotation or scribbling, multiple opened books, better dictionary, thumbnail-views etc.

Last edited by Marinolino; 06-02-2018 at 06:50 AM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:06 AM   #8
immortal192

Thanks, guys.

For X-ray, I figured that would be the case--it won't be a feature that I'll count against the Kobo then, since I expect most of my content will be side-loaded so I probably won't make much use of it on the Kindle anyway.

As for the dictionary--what makes it better on the Kindle? Could you download or select which English dictionary to use if you find the definitions are inadequate for a particular dictionary for either Kobo or Kindle? Does the Kobo have translation?

And for the bookmarked pages to quickly refer back to on the Kobo, that actually seems like a way better implementation than what the Kindle has (if it doesn't have this feature), since without this feature, it can only really jump between 2 pages quickly. It seems quite intuitive and easy-to-use--just bookmark all relevant pages and open the bookmarks in whatever ideal sequence and flip between them.

So far I'm really sold on the Kobo Aura One because of the KOReader which is apparently not available for the Oasis 2 (yet?) along with the bigger size.

It also seems like the KOReader devs are receptive to feedback and feature requests so maybe they can add in annotations for PDFs.

For the Aura One, what's exporting notes/annotations (if any), or data in general like? Could you export it via email? Even better--could I use rsync or syncthing to (automatically, if possible) sync between my PC and the Kobo? Of course I'd rather avoid wired transfer.

P.S. Only thing I'm slightly hestitant on is that the Aura One is nearly 2 years old and I'd hate to get one now only to find a successor will be available by the end of this year. Just from looking at the release dates of their devices, it kind of seems likely, but I haven't heard of any news. The Paperwhite 4 is still in the back of my mind because it will have the natural light feature and is for sure going to be the best bang-for-your-buck, but I'm pretty sure it will be too small for me. Not considering the Oasis 2 anymore.

Last edited by immortal192; 06-02-2018 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:07 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
As for the dictionary--what makes it better on the Kindle? Could you download or select which English dictionary to use if you find the definitions are inadequate for a particular dictionary for either Kobo or Kindle? Does the Kobo have translation?
It is the quality of the dictionary use. Kobo uses the basic Mirriam-Webster. Kindle uses a bigger and better dictionary (I've forgotten which). Kindle also has a way to add more dictionaries. Kobo has a a few different languages and translation dictionaries, but now supported way to add more or replace them with a different dictionary.
Quote:
So far I'm really sold on the Kobo Aura One because of the KOReader which is apparently not available for the Oasis 2 (yet?) along with the bigger size.
The problem is that to install KOReader on any Kindle, you have to be able to jailbreak it. You can't do this for the recent Kindles or firmware versions.
Quote:
For the Aura One, what's exporting notes/annotations (if any), or data in general like? Could you export it via email? Even better--could I use rsync or syncthing to (automatically, if possible) sync between my PC and the Kobo? Of course I'd rather avoid wired transfer.
Kobo doesn't have any supported way to get the annotations off the device. There are methods, but, they all need the device connected to a PC. And none will put the annotations back on the device.
Quote:
P.S. Only thing I'm slightly hestitant on is that the Aura One is nearly 2 years old and I'd hate to get one now only to find a successor will be available by the end of this year. Just from looking at the release dates of their devices, it kind of seems likely, but I haven't heard of any news. The Paperwhite 4 is still in the back of my mind because it will have the natural light feature and is for sure going to be the best bang-for-your-buck, but I'm pretty sure it will be too small for me. Not considering the Oasis 2 anymore.
Kobo never announce any of their plans for devices ahead of time. At most, the make an announcement about a month before the device is actually released. There can be clues from other sources, but they don't always come out and don't have many details. But, they do normally do their releases in April/May or September/October. An update to the Aura ONE later this year would make sense, but there is no way of knowing what is actually planned.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:50 AM   #10
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It is the quality of the dictionary use. Kobo uses the basic Mirriam-Webster. Kindle uses a bigger and better dictionary (I've forgotten which). Kindle also has a way to add more dictionaries. Kobo has a a few different languages and translation dictionaries, but now supported way to add more or replace them with a different dictionary.

Kobo doesn't have any supported way to get the annotations off the device. There are methods, but, they all need the device connected to a PC. And none will put the annotations back on the device.

Koreader supports installation of the new dictionaries in the StarDict format.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ionary-support

Koreader also supports exporting of highlights to Evernote cloud.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...vernote-export

Since, as they say in the features, multiple Koreader devices in the same Wifi network can transfer documents between each other directly without bothering to copying document files via USB cable on another computer, and synchronize the reading progress of the same document across different koreader devices.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...sync-transport

It should then also be possible to transfer those txt and html files we can save the highlights therein, to another Koreader device on the same wifi network.

Last edited by Marinolino; 06-02-2018 at 03:53 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:13 PM   #11
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
It would be best if you could borrow Kobo and Kindle from a friend and try them out. Or if you live somewhere where you have Amazon, you can order Kindle and return easily if you don't like it.
Kindle has Oxford dictionary and others, all quality dictionaries for various languages. Highlights are easier to make and to export. So I use it for all my nonfiction reading.
Kobo with Comfortlight (I have Aura One) is really pleasant for reading at night in nearly completely dark room (my eyes are sensitive) and font selection is much better, plus you can add your own fonts. So I use Kobo to read fiction at night and I try not to use dictionaries (I have added custom dictionaries, but they are nothing compared to Kindle's).
If you could have both of the worlds, it would probably be perfect.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:44 PM   #12
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
$300 dollars budget you say? You might want to consider this https://www.pocketbook-readers.de/de...x/sArticle/182

The screen is the same as Kobo Aura One, but everything on board is better. For example the equivalent of ComfortLight is there, even though Pocketbook does not really need it, because its light is somewhat yellowish, not evil blue as in Kobo.

Every Pocketbook has the best software for technical/huge pdf files in out-of-the-box/unconfigured state. It can zoom in to any part of the page by pinch zoom and you can drag the zoomed page around in any direction like on a tablet (Koreader cannot), crop to decrease margins (Koreader can do this too), and it has automatic multi-column mode for multi-column documents (Koreader only has it for two columns).

In Pocketbook Inkpad 2 (unfortunately not there in Inkpad 3, as far as I can tell) there is also an ingenious annotation system. When you annotate or highlight something in a file, it is reflected in a separate Notes app. Open the Notes app and you see the list of annotations for your entire e-library and by a tap you can instantly go to the relevant book, the spot you need! This can possibly be emulated somewhat in a raw form in Inkpad 3. If this feature sounds something you might want, look around for a used Inkpad 2 (8" screen with a bit worse DPI).

Kindle or Kobo cannot match these features. They are evidently not even trying to make a tool for serious researchers. Installing Koreader on a Kindle makes you lose your warranty. In Pocketbook you don't even need to install Koreader in any dangerous sense - it's just a matter of copying a folder in the right place, it can be tracelessly deleted, and the warranty stays intact.

Last edited by mobama; 06-02-2018 at 01:37 PM.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #13
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Installing Koreader on a Kindle makes you lose your warranty.
Not really. Uninstalling KOReader and removing jailbreak from the Kindle is quite trivial.

The difficult part is getting a Kindle that can be jailbroken in the first place (ergo can run KOReader).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:44 AM   #14
Marinolino
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
$300 dollars budget you say? You might want to consider this https://www.pocketbook-readers.de/de...x/sArticle/182

Inkpad 3 (a.k.a PocketBook 740) handling pdf/djvu files.

https://youtu.be/c_mk-j2hknw?t=1

Last edited by Marinolino; 06-03-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:23 AM   #15
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinolino View Post
Inkpad 3 (a.k.a PocketBook 740) handling pdf/djvu files.

https://youtu.be/c_mk-j2hknw?t=1
Pinch zoom that I mentioned is at 12 minutes. Not as smooth as on a tablet, but almost. Onyx with some Android apps can do the same, but Kobo and Kindle offer nothing like this.

Last edited by mobama; 06-03-2018 at 08:28 AM.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura one, ink, oasis 2017, paperwhite, software