Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-20-2018, 09:26 AM   #1
DogFather43
DogFather43 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Errno13 on Adding files to Calibre Library

calibre, version 3.28.0
WARNING: Errors while adding: There were problems adding some files, click "Show details" for more information

I get the following example message (multiple files) when I add files to Calibre Library. Where do I go from here? The file reads perfectly in Adobe PDF.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Failed to add the file C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Calibre Import\0415283299.Routledge.SPINOZA.Aug.2008.pdf to the book: Spinoza
With error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\add.py", line 444, in add_formats
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1412, in add_format
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1377, in _do_add_format
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1517, in add_format
File "site-packages\calibre\startup.py", line 116, in local_open
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Users\\Dave\\Documents\\Calibre Library\\Michael Della Rocca\\Spinoza (2759)\\Spinoza - Michael Della Rocca.pdf'

Last edited by DogFather43; 07-20-2018 at 09:31 AM.
DogFather43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:36 AM   #2
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
You would do better to ask this is the Calibre Forum below this one.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2018, 01:17 AM   #3
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
"Errno 13" = "Permission Denied". That error code is burned into my brain from being a Unix/Linux admin/programmer/geek for decades and decades.

Check your file and directory ownerships (if you're running this on a Linux box). I'm sure Windows must have some kind of permissions set up now as well, but it's been so long ago that I dumped Windows that I've forgotten. The last Windows that I installed for my own use was Windows 2000 (did that even have any permissions capabilities?)
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
"Errno 13" = "Permission Denied". That error code is burned into my brain from being a Unix/Linux admin/programmer/geek for decades and decades.

Check your file and directory ownerships (if you're running this on a Linux box). I'm sure Windows must have some kind of permissions set up now as well, but it's been so long ago that I dumped Windows that I've forgotten. The last Windows that I installed for my own use was Windows 2000 (did that even have any permissions capabilities?)
Win2K had permissions AKA Access control lists.

I would also suggest the OP check his antivirus/antimalware software as I've seen too many cases recently where that has been the cause for access errors in locations which should be accessible.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-21-2018 at 01:41 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre 3.28, errno 13, errno13