Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
djpyle
Writer
djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Oasis, Paperwhite 1, iPhone 6+
DOWN THE DRAIN—A 99¢ Horror Novelette for Monster Lovers

My novelette, Down the Drain, is available now from most of the major ebook retailers for only 99¢. It's a quick monster tale about loneliness and the things that sometimes come clawing their way out of the unlikeliest places to get us when we're at our lowest.

Bruce has lost everyone he ever cared about—even his cat.

Now he thinks he’s finally alone in the house, but something is about to come clawing its way out of the plumbing to prove him wrong.

What they're saying:

"Pyle's tight little monster tale packs a nasty wallop."
—Michael Louis Calvillo, author of I Will Rise and As Fate Would Have It

"Horror should be fun. Scary, of course...but above all, it should be fun. Too many people seem to have forgotten that. Well, Daniel Pyle has not forgotten. With his novella, Down the Drain, Pyle has crafted a tale that evokes all the eye-popping strangeness and excitement that got me into horror in the first place. I loved it, and I can guarantee you'll never look at your bathtub the same again."
—Joe McKinney, author of Dead City and Apocalypse of the Dead

You can read an excerpt that's not part of the bookstore samples on my site by clicking here: Excerpt.

I'd love to hear what you think.

Last edited by djpyle; 05-05-2011 at 12:05 PM.
djpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
?Ebook multi format for us non Kindle / Ipad owners ?? - at Smashwords for instance.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Dan

welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
djpyle
Writer
djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
?Ebook multi format for us non Kindle / Ipad owners ?? - at Smashwords for instance.
You can get a DRM-free multipack (epub/mobi/pdf) from Blood Brothers Publishing. Still just 99¢.

(The other versions are also DRM-free.)

Edit: And it's now available from Smashwords. I've added a link to the original post.

Last edited by djpyle; 12-05-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
djpyle
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Dan

welcome to mobileread ....
Thanks!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpyle View Post
You can get a DRM-free multipack (epub/mobi/pdf) from Blood Brothers Publishing. Still just 99¢.

(The Amazon and iBook versions are also DRM-free.)
Thanks, Blood Brothers Publishing is a new one on me.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #7
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
The review that said "horror should be fun" drew me in so I purchased.
I really enjoyed it!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
djpyle
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
The review that said "horror should be fun" drew me in so I purchased.
I really enjoyed it!
Thanks, Gabrielle. I'm glad you liked it.

Mr. McKinney's blurb is one of my favorites. He really seemed to get what I was going for with the story.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to let me know what you thought.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #9
djpyle
Writer

[Removed by author. Merged from another thread but not relevant to Down the Drain.]

Last edited by djpyle; 12-05-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #10
djpyle
Writer

Down the Drain is now available from: Amazon US, Amazon UK, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads, and iBooks

Last edited by djpyle; 11-24-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #11
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
After reading Dismember, you bet your ass I bought your other one!!!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #12
djpyle
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
After reading Dismember, you bet your ass I bought your other one!!!
Thanks. I hope you like it.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #13
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Just bought it, but the download link didn't work. I've sent an e-mail and I'm looking forward to reading the story. Sounds like just the thing to suit my current frame of mind.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:32 AM   #14
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Thanks a lot for sorting out the problem with such admirable alacrity Dan; very much appreciated! It was worth a buck just to experience your exemplary customer service, so I'll consider the book a free bonus.

Last edited by Belfaborac; 11-27-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:05 AM   #15
djpyle
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post
Thanks a lot for sorting out the problem with such admirable alacrity Dan; very much appreciated! It was worth a buck just to experience your exemplary customer service, so I'll consider the book a free bonus.
I'm glad we got it all sorted out. Thanks again.

Tags
author, ebook, horror, novelette, promotion