Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
coredump
Enthusiast
coredump began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
What is the number in series name?

When I add something to series column, calibre adds a [1] in front of it. Is it the book number in the series or something else?

EDIT: Nevermind, it is really the number of the book in he series.

Last edited by coredump; 12-21-2009 at 10:46 AM.
coredump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It is the hint that you may need to set it to the correct place number in the series.
The number is NOT limited to Integers. 3.5 can be used (ex. revised book 3)
0 (Zero) can be used for books that belong to the group, but are not part of the series: "Star Trek Writers Guide".

I use "Save to disk rather than Send to device because I file books on my reader by: Series folder / Series ID#-Title-Author
Author is last or omitted in the naming because many of the series titles I read have many and multiple different authors.

BTW I found that the series index can be edited from the main library lis screen without having to bring up the Meta-Data editor.
Just change the numbers between the square braces:
be careful) I have not tested the error recovery in this mode.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert