Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-31-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
sandykayak
sandykayak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Newbie from Miami

Got my Kindle for Xmas (via the Oprah coupon!!) and am still getting used to it.

I'm usually four or more years behind the rest of the world when it comes to techhie things (like I still travel with a CD player!! am going to treat myself to an MP3 player today), but anything connected with books and reading is a big draw.

I like to camp and travel and always take a book or two with me. T'will be interesting to see how the Kindle affects my reading habits...or not!!

sandy in miami
sandykayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Welcome Sandy. Glad to see more Floridians joining. We are very out numbered with Texans here.

Enjoy your kindle. I enjoy mine.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandykayak View Post
Got my Kindle for Xmas (via the Oprah coupon!!) and am still getting used to it.

I'm usually four or more years behind the rest of the world when it comes to techhie things (like I still travel with a CD player!! am going to treat myself to an MP3 player today), but anything connected with books and reading is a big draw.

I like to camp and travel and always take a book or two with me. T'will be interesting to see how the Kindle affects my reading habits...or not!!

sandy in miami
How much off was the coupon?

Oh if you're anything like me, you're reading habits will change. The ability to have multiple books with me at all times greatly increases the amount of reading you can do.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
How much off was the coupon?
$50 off.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
$50 off.

BOb
Wow, that brought it down to Sony price.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert