Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #241
jimad
Connoisseur
jimad is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If you use File Expert there is no need to reboot. Just open the Mobi book up using the Kindle app in File Expert and it will appear on the shelf.
Sorry, but I can't get this to work. I download a .mobi file from the internet using the Silk Browser, book ends up in Download directory. I open File Expert, nav to Download, and click on that .mobi file. It says Open As/More/Amazon Kindle.
I pick that choice. Nothing ever happens, as far as I can tell. Can you give more exact details about how exactly this is suppose to work?
jimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #242
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimad View Post
Sorry, but I can't get this to work. I download a .mobi file from the internet using the Silk Browser, book ends up in Download directory. I open File Expert, nav to Download, and click on that .mobi file. It says Open As/More/Amazon Kindle.
I pick that choice. Nothing ever happens, as far as I can tell. Can you give more exact details about how exactly this is suppose to work?
Nothing will happen. Just go to your Books library and the book will be there. Look for it by Title instead of Most Recent.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #243
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Nothing will happen. Just go to your Books library and the book will be there. Look for it by Title instead of Most Recent.
What she said! It works you just don't see it working. Think of open with Kindle like a big refresh button for the Book and Documents shelves.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:23 AM   #244
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
epub cant impott

I have recently checked out a book on ovrrdrive from my library.
its an epub. I use adilko for epubs.
For some reason its not loading/importing.
i tried copying ti various with no luck.
i know its worked before for other sideloaded epubs
Any ideas?
Thanks

[/QUOTE=jimad;1853678]Reading EPUB books on KFire

Personally I'm getting the most satisfaction out of Aldiko. [The goofy scratchmarks in the background "paper" of Aldiko can be removed via Settings.] One can import epubs placed in the location:

X:\eBooks\import

where "X:" is the location of the Kindle Fire when attached to your computer using a USB cable. For example "X:" is actually file location "J:" on my computer because locations D: through I: are used for various camera SD card reader thingees. In general when you hear androidees talking about the "sdcard" location that location corresponds to "X:" when the KFire is attached to your computer. So when they say:

sdcard/eBooks/import

that corresponds to:

X:\eBooks\import

when attached to a Mickeysoft computer. The final trick is figuring out at what directory locations each of these ebook reader apps expects to "import" epub ebooks from --

Overdrive for Android also installs successfully allowing one to download and read epubs checked out from your local public library [but don't try to read them from the Overdrive EPUB browser itself, which stinks, I use B&N instead] and nowadays one can also borrow mobis via an Amazon Store route from your local public library. Often libraries only have a particular book in mobi, epub, (or pdf) format so its helpful to have routes for all of the above.
/[/QUOTE]

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-03-2011 at 05:24 AM. Reason: typeo
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #245
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
I have recently checked out a book on ovrrdrive from my library.
its an epub. I use adilko for epubs.
For some reason its not loading/importing.
i tried copying ti various with no luck.
i know its worked before for other sideloaded epubs
Any ideas?
Thanks

I just looks it up. I think you need ACSM file not the epub.

Okay did more research. Download ACSM file onto the Fire. Use File Expert to open it with Aldiko.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-03-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #246
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Hmm thats strange. Never heard of ACSM types before. Not even sure its available. Will have to go back and re-check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just looks it up. I think you need ACSM file not the epub.

Okay did more research. Download ACSM file onto the Fire. Use File Expert to open it with Aldiko.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #247
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Hmm thats strange. Never heard of ACSM types before. Not even sure its available. Will have to go back and re-check
It's the file you get when go to download a book to your PC into ADE. You download a ACSM file and when you click on it, it downloads the book into ADE.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #248
salsaguy
Addict

I didnt dl the file using my PC but using my Fire and the Overdrive app linked to my library card and then Amazon store download

Will work on it and check back
I dont see a way to turn in the book and re-check it out to fix/redo the process so....will have to investigate
Old 12-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #249
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I didnt dl the file using my PC but using my Fire and the Overdrive app linked to my library card and then Amazon store download

Will work on it and check back
I dont see a way to turn in the book and re-check it out to fix/redo the process so....will have to investigate
There's no need to recheck out the book. Log into your library on your PC and go to my account\bookshelf. You can download the ACSM file from there. Your browser might be set to open it automatically so you might have to fix that be sure to save the file not open it.

Take that file and put it on the fire then use File Expert or Astro to open it with Aldiko then it should download the book into the Aldiko and you can then read it.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #250
salsaguy
Addict

Anyone know a tip/trick to make it so your KF doesnt blank the screen after 5 seconds of no touching, when not in an app?
My KF likes to not leave me anytime to do something before to blacks the screen.
I currently have it set on 1 minute but it seems to blacks it out after 5-10 secsonds

The lowest setting is 30 seconds so not sure why its not matching my real life experience

I will change it to 5 mins and see if it does anything
Old 12-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #251
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Anyone know a tip/trick to make it so your KF doesnt blank the screen after 5 seconds of no touching, when not in an app?
My KF likes to not leave me anytime to do something before to blacks the screen.
I currently have it set on 1 minute but it seems to blacks it out after 5-10 secsonds

The lowest setting is 30 seconds so not sure why its not matching my real life experience

I will change it to 5 mins and see if it does anything
Mine doesn't do that. Try a factory reset if that doesn't fix it get it exchanged.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #252
jimad
Connoisseur
jimad is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Sorry, I just went back and tried carefully again. This isn't working on my KFire.
jimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:39 AM   #253
jessicarose
jessicarose began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks all for the great technology tips and the really inspired for using the great info in this.
jessicarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #254
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I managed to borrow a book from the library to read on the KF today. The girl assisting me was overjoyed to see the KF. Perhaps see will buy one as she was surprised how quickly the procedure went and how well some of the other features worked on the KF that I showed her. I am a connoisseur now after all!
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #255
bertram1970
bertram1970 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
how do you remove items in the carousel
bertram1970 is offline   Reply With Quote