Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 01:38 AM   #3016
fathertyme
Enthusiast
fathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheese

Device: Samsung S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
(Multi-reply)

New Test Version Posted

2018-10-21
- Update for adapter_storiesonlinenet(& finestories) for login change.
Weirdly, python urllib isn't like http code 307. But it's only returned for success, so workaround.
That seems to have done the trick... Thanx!
fathertyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:27 AM   #3017
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
(Multi-reply)

madame_newbie - If it were a general FFF issue, it would happen all the time. I assume you are seeing network issues somewhere along the line, server congestion at AO3, or the AO3 servers are throttling you due to the amount of traffic you are generating. You could add a larger slow_down_sleep_time value in personal.ini for AO3 to slow down your traffic:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
# default is 2 for AO3
slow_down_sleep_time:7
Hi JimmXiu, it worked! I had to increase to 10 but it solved me issue. Thanks.

Er, sorry. The error returned. It seemed that only AO3 is affected, the other sites are fine with me. I may be updating/downloading fics one by one for now. Perhaps the recent donation/server fees are in flux, am not sure, but so far only one by one will work and even then I may run into the error.

Last edited by madame_newbie; 10-22-2018 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Update
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2018, 01:36 PM   #3018
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by madame_newbie View Post
[strike] Er, sorry. The error returned. It seemed that only AO3 is affected, the other sites are fine with me.
I only use it on AO3, and nothing is downloading for me.
DuskyRose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:51 PM   #3019
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madame_newbie View Post
Hi JimmXiu, it worked! I had to increase to 10 but it solved me issue. Thanks.

Er, sorry. The error returned. It seemed that only AO3 is affected, the other sites are fine with me. I may be updating/downloading fics one by one for now. Perhaps the recent donation/server fees are in flux, am not sure, but so far only one by one will work and even then I may run into the error.
As previously mentioned, if you've been doing a lot of downloads, the site may be throttling your connections. It's also possible that there are network or server issues. There isn't anything more FFF can do about either case.

There are a couple FAQs that apply:
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #3020
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version Posted

2018-10-22
- adapter_fanfiktionde login doesn't use ssl.fanfiktion.de anymore.

Due to fanfiktion.de's restrictions on downloading adult content during the day and my lack of German or Austrian proof of age, I haven't tested this completely. But I believe it will work now.
Advert
Old 10-22-2018, 03:56 PM   #3021
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
New Test Version Posted

2018-10-22
- adapter_fanfiktionde login doesn't use ssl.fanfiktion.de anymore.

Due to fanfiktion.de's restrictions on downloading adult content during the day and my lack of German or Austrian proof of age, I haven't tested this completely. But I believe it will work now.
Yes, that solved it.
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:03 PM   #3022
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the job report, it says "0 good and 2 bad updates" with "u'collision'" in the "View Log" comments. What would that mean?
Old 10-22-2018, 07:14 PM   #3023
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
In the job report, it says "0 good and 2 bad updates" with "u'collision'" in the "View Log" comments. What would that mean?
First, make sure you have the latest released Version (3.1.1) if not the latest test version. v3.1.0 had a bug that could give that.

Otherwise, if you can explain what you were doing when that happened, ideally with a debug log (Calibre Preferences dropdown), that may help.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #3024
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FYI, there are reports that fanfiction.net is having an ongoing security issue.

The report is that someone has gotten malicious javascript into the site that can modify your profile in various ways if you are logged in. Possibly even from just doing mouse-over on certain elements.

I don't know how to log out of the site without going there, so I'm just not visiting it for a while.

To the best of my knowledge, using FanFicFare cannot trigger this malicious code because FFF cannot run any javascript from site pages.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #3025
DuskyRose
Guru

Thanks for the response. I don't know about any archive but AO3, but it seems to be working now. Must have been something on their end. Nothing was changed on mine except a reboot.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:25 AM   #3026
morsai
morsai began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo Hd
Hello.

Today, I wanted to download a novel from https://www.wuxiaworld.com/ but I couldn't. And the log said:

Status | Title | Author | Comment | URL
Bad | Unknown | Unknown | 'headline' | https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/7-killers

After that I started to try other novels but I couldn't download them too. If its possible, could you check the https://www.wuxiaworld.com/.

Thank you.
morsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:14 AM   #3027
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
As previously mentioned, if you've been doing a lot of downloads, the site may be throttling your connections. It's also possible that there are network or server issues. There isn't anything more FFF can do about either case.

There are a couple FAQs that apply:

Ah yup. I think my network or ip (not sure) is throttled because it worked fine if I use VPN. I'm guessing I may have overdownloaded and AO3 had my address blocked. I can still read and download via the website but not from FFF when using a non vpn connection.

Ah well, what I get for being greedy and for not reading the faqs properly. Thanks anyway.
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:30 AM   #3028
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2018-10-24
- Fix adapter_wuxiaworldco description decomposition, remove outdated testing `raise` from `configurable.py` - Thanks, Rikkitp

2018-10-23
- Fix for adapter_wuxiaworldcom site change.
- Minor improvement to adapter_asianfanficscom logging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morsai View Post
Hello.

Today, I wanted to download a novel from https://www.wuxiaworld.com/ but I couldn't. And the log said:

Status | Title | Author | Comment | URL
Bad | Unknown | Unknown | 'headline' | https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/7-killers

After that I started to try other novels but I couldn't download them too. If its possible, could you check the https://www.wuxiaworld.com/.

Thank you.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-24-2018 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:46 PM   #3029
Atherton25
Zealot
Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
FYI, there are reports that fanfiction.net is having an ongoing security issue.

The report is that someone has gotten malicious javascript into the site that can modify your profile in various ways if you are logged in. Possibly even from just doing mouse-over on certain elements.

I don't know how to log out of the site without going there, so I'm just not visiting it for a while.

To the best of my knowledge, using FanFicFare cannot trigger this malicious code because FFF cannot run any javascript from site pages.
That's easy. There are multiple ways. Remove your cookies associated with ff.net (or better yet clear browser data, cookies and other data). Or install a new browser (or run a portable version so you don't have to install). Or use a browser in covert mode (no cookies) most modern browsers have a 'covert' mode somewhere.

Just saw the comment as I was checking updated boards and figure'd I'd point it out. I figure you probably already know this, but might as well point it out if you don't. However, I do appreciate knowing about the issue, I hadn't heard about it.
Atherton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:48 PM   #3030
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FYI, fanfiction.net is now reporting on twitter that they've fixed their issues and the site is safe again.

Tags
fanfiction