Old 11-16-2020, 04:41 AM   #1
Norbi24
Connoisseur
Norbi24 doesn't litterNorbi24 doesn't litter

Device: Tolino Vision HD4, BOOX Poke2
Ext Dictionaries definition overload doesn't work anymore since 2020.09

I am using this excellent function implemented here by @Pazos:

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/5664

which makes it possible to use virtually any installed external dictionary app on Android, given it supports curresponding intent.

It has been working fine until 2020.08.1 (I am using the app picker variant,
where the dictonary is selected by app picker dialogue on its first usage attempt) but after update to 2020.10 the dictionary isnt's started anymore.

I tried to isolate the problem and found out that it stopped working already in 2020.09, and can reproduce it on my Samsung mobile (Android 8) with this simple dictionaries.lua (taken from Pazos's example in github link above)

return {
{ "Generic", "App picker", true, nil, "send" },
{ "ColorDict", "ColorDict", false, "com.socialnmobile.colordict", "colordict" },

If I copy this dictionaries.lua to koreader folder, both entries are shown if you go to ex. dictionary selection dialogue, but:

If you select app picker option, nothing happens afterwards, it doesn't work.
On the other hand, you are not able to select ColorDict, although it is installed on the Android.
Only if I change the boolean flag in the ColorDict line from false to true
(as not to check whether the app is installed), the I can select it and it really works !

I see that there were some changes in dictonaries handling, the list of predefined dictonaries was moved from dedicated frontend\device\android\dictionaries.lua file to frontend\device\android\device.lua
and perhaps there soomething happend ... I tried to understand the changes but do not know the LUA syntax so good (:-( so am not able to recognize it at first glance

Thanks, Norbert
Norbi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:54 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Code:
return {
    { "ColorDict", "ColorDict", false, "com.socialnmobile.colordict", "colordict" },
If you copy pasted this in full without accidentally skipping anything, then you're missing a closing brace.

It should look like this:
Code:
return {
}
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2020, 07:34 AM   #3
Norbi24
Connoisseur

Hi Frenzie, you are right, but I only missed closing brace here, in the koreader folder it was copied correctly, sorry for this confusion
Old 11-16-2020, 07:48 AM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Thanks @Norbi24 for the report.

Indeed generic actions (actions without an associated package) didn't work.
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6887 should fix both your issues.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:37 AM   #5
Norbi24
Connoisseur

Advert