Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Shadowcatlyn
Shadowcatlyn began at the beginning.

Device: Acer Netbook
A warm Hello from Goa, India

Hey everyone,

I'm an avid reader currently pursuing an MBA and I've recently rediscovered the pleasure of reading with my new netbook through the Calibre software. I chanced upon the mobileread while hunting for a good e-reader on my netbook and having tried out several e-readers, I've found none that match the capabilities of the amazing Calibre. I suppose I sound like a salesperson, but I do fervently wish that all those interested in reading on a netbook / laptop / pc should know about Calibre as it makes reading a pleasure...almost as good as holding a book and flipping through its pages.

I enjoy a good mystery romance novel or an action packed thriller. Fantasy and adventure also interest me. Since I've just joined mobileread, it'll take me a while to go through the forums and book recommendations which i'm sure are in abundance on this site...though suggestions with reference to my below favourite authors are always welcome.

Mary Stewart
Jane Austen
Alistaire Maclean
John Grisham
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Erle Stanley Gardner
Agatha Christie
J.K. Rowling
Stephanie Meyer

Before I close, I would like to point out that it took me a while to figure out how to get to this introduction thread....well, for all you new users out there, you'll see a tiny 'new thread' button on the 'introduction forum' page, above all the new threads. But I'm guessing it looks tiny to me cuz i'm typing from my netbook.

Anyways, ciao for now.
Shadowcatlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Hi and welcome to Mobileread
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
Shadowcatlyn
Shadowcatlyn began at the beginning.

Device: Acer Netbook
thanks
Shadowcatlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Shadowcatlyn and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hello and welcome to MR. I, too, had trouble finding the intro page, so you're not alone. Enjoy the forum.

Joyce
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote