Old 01-09-2017, 06:58 AM   #1
fer1803
Enthusiast
fer1803 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Two questions about moon reader

First of all, sorry for my english.

I have two questions about Moon reader.

Firstly, i want to know if its possible put in the mini status bar the total of the pages of the book, and not only the total of the pages of the chapter.

Secondly, i want to know how i can adjust the time of reading left in mini bar. The first book i read in moon reader only read in it half book, and now in following books appears in mini bar much less time which I take to read it.

Thanks in advance
fer1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:23 PM   #2
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
In Miscellaneous settings click the gear next to Min Status Bar and then make sure Book Info is set under Click Left. Actually it can be Right or whatever, but I think the default is left. Then when you're reading you can tap the left side of the status bar and a page full of information pops up which includes the number of pages.

I realize that's not quite what you're asking for but it should work for you if you don't find a way to make it display the number of pages in the Mini-Status Bar.

Time of reading isn't something I've used so I can't help with that.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
There is % of book read at bottom right.
moon dynamically calculates page counts from screen size and font choices, it is not a fixed preset number like in some other readers which use the adobe definition of a page.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:19 AM   #4
fer1803
Enthusiast
fer1803 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
There is % of book read at bottom right.
moon dynamically calculates page counts from screen size and font choices, it is not a fixed preset number like in some other readers which use the adobe definition of a page.
Thank you. I know, and is that number dinamyc, that i want appear in the mini bar. In other readers like alreader appear.
fer1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:57 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it is not going to happen. Those other readers use the adobe page numbers which are fixed.
I am pretty sure that moon+ calculates its actual rendered screen pages as it renders
so there is no way that it can calculate the whole book as it would have to load the entire book into RAM and that is not how the app is designed - It loads only the current chapter/
but you can email the author for an informed opinion
Advert
Old 01-10-2017, 09:39 PM   #6
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
The way Moon+ does that screensfull/chapter calculation is really nice. I read on my phone and when it's charging I read on another phone with a different screen size and I see the difference every day and I like it.

If I'm looking at a page and it says the chapter is 28 screens full then I know it's 28 times what I'm looking at right now. That's a pretty good guide.

The more I use Moon+ the more I like it and the more impressed I am with the intelligence of it's design. I think the key to enjoying Moon+ is not to try to make it imitate paper books or Kindles but to just let it be itself and to learn to use it as it is.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:42 AM   #7
stumped
Wizard

agree with all of that, plus I finally mastered background images. There is a download images option that sets up a google search. I found that the colour I was after is mint, not lilac, and I found a good one, very similar to the kindle app's green option. They are stored in an easy to find backgrounds folder on android, so it was easy to then copy that to my other tablet.
Dropbox sync of last page read is cool also