Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-23-2020, 04:34 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yes, they did; that’s what I meant. That was my club of choice.
Did you have your card after the clubs where stopped?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:44 PM   #32
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did you have your card after the clubs where stopped?
Yes, I kept it up until then; AFAIR, I bought up to my next coupon level when they announced they were ending them so I didn’t leave anything behind. That club was an excellent deal; you made your initial $5 back very quickly and after that, it was pure gravy.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:56 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yes, I kept it up until then; AFAIR, I bought up to my next coupon level when they announced they were ending them so I didn’t leave anything behind. That club was an excellent deal; you made your initial $5 back very quickly and after that, it was pure gravy.
I'd go into Waldenbooks and come out with a stack of books at I think %15 off.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:23 PM   #34
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I had forgotten about their clubs. I bought a lot of books that way.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:00 AM   #35
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I have never had to renew a library card in my life. But I suppose that depends on the specific library. One card, happens to be my most local library (2 miles from my house), did give me a new card once. After many decades, to add some kind of new technology. The librarian said mine was the oldest card she had run into (the card was older than she was!), so she said "We have to be sure to use your same account number on this new card, as an honor to its longevity!" So that wasn't really a renewal, my old card still worked, just not with some new automated checkout machine they had installed in the library.
My library's cards expire after 3 years. You then have to go in person and renew the card (don't know if this has changed since Covid). After running into this with no warning a couple of times and not being able to check out ebooks, I put a warning in my phone's calendar for the next time.

I understand the library wanting to have an expiration date so people can't just move away and keep using the card indefinitely. It does seem like in this day and age they ought to be able to give you a warning (email? text? somehow via Overdrive) that your card is going to expire.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote