Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2015, 05:47 PM   #181
V3t
V3t doesn't litterV3t doesn't litter

Device: Energy E-Reader Pro+
Seems like there are issues with right side of touchscreen after update, according to there forums anyway (pro+). Guess ill try tonight or tomorrow.
V3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:05 PM   #182
V3t

Can't see any touchscreen problems on the rom so far. I did reset it after upgrading but there were no before hand either. Will be interesting to see if it deep sleeps out of the box before tweaking over a week or two.
Advert
Old 08-11-2015, 04:18 AM   #183
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Onyx Boox C67ML Carta firmware, version 1.7.3, is now available:http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...23404-1-1.html

I am now in the process of upgrading my C67ML Carta. The major new feature is the ability to install third party apps on your SD card. I don't know if they mean the internal or the external SD card. I'll check it out.

Once I have it working to my satisfaction on my C67ML Carta, I'll install it on my T62+, and tell you how that goes!

Yes, apps get installed to the internal SD card. It's one way around the limited user app space on the C67ML Carta.

Here is a listing of the changes from the Onyx site, roughly translated:

Upgrade:

Neo Reader part:

1. PDF TTS support;
2. epub document, word choice issues offset;
3. highlight after export the content viewed on the computer, highlight position left and right offset problem fixed;
4. exporting comments txt documents? ⒛ chenchang ash brachial sentenced Chen found an insect vinegar leech Shi Guo? br/> 5. Highlight annotations added the underline option, the default underline, you can switch in the settings-screen-marking methods for highlighting;
6. reduce the screen after two finger zoom full brush;

System components:

7. Add APP installed to SD card option, you can choose to install third-party applications available to users with storage partitions;
8. between folders in the built-in storage, and external cards cut and paste problem fixed;
9. long press the cover to adjust the "open with" fix;
10. settlement of the A2 drag does not brush problems, fix A2 drag refresh existing problems;
Have you also installed it on your T62+ in the end ? and if so, what are your impressions so far ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:19 AM   #184
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I haven't yet installed it on my T62+. It runs fine on my Onyx C67, but I haven't seen any major differences with 1.7.2, other than the ability to install third party apps on the internal SD card. I may be missing something, so I'll keep looking.

I plan to try it on my T62+ this week. I'll post here to let you know how that goes.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:53 AM   #185
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I haven't yet installed it on my T62+. It runs fine on my Onyx C67, but I haven't seen any major differences with 1.7.2, other than the ability to install third party apps on the internal SD card. I may be missing something, so I'll keep looking.

I plan to try it on my T62+ this week. I'll post here to let you know how that goes.
Thanks. I am very happy with the 1.7.2 version so far, and not planning to move to 1.7.3. as there seem to be some complaints about it on the onyx international forum. I install very little apps and the one I do install are movable to the SDCard so I am not that interested in this upgrade. What I did though was pull the Neo Reader out of it, "cooked" it in the FOV Rom and installed that (with my fonts in system too) and am very happy so far. The rendering of epubs with Neo Reader seems better, at least the epubs that I had that were not responding well are now.
Advert
Old 08-11-2015, 02:17 PM   #186
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Thanks. I am very happy with the 1.7.2 version so far, and not planning to move to 1.7.3. as there seem to be some complaints about it on the onyx international forum. I install very little apps and the one I do install are movable to the SDCard so I am not that interested in this upgrade. What I did though was pull the Neo Reader out of it, "cooked" it in the FOV Rom and installed that (with my fonts in system too) and am very happy so far. The rendering of epubs with Neo Reader seems better, at least the epubs that I had that were not responding well are now.
Yes, in what I've seen on my Onyx Boox C67, I like the way that Neo Reader deals with my ePubs. I haven't run into any problems on the C67 with 1.7.3 yet, but I haven't seen any real reason to upgrade my T62+ in any hurry. I may try one day when things are quiet, but I'll back up my T62+ setup first, just in case.

One thing I did notice with 1.7.3 is that KOreader works on the C67. It never worked (or not for more than a few seconds) on either of my devices before. I haven't really tried it yet, but some people on this forum speak highly of it, so I was curious about it.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:08 AM   #187
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
...What I did though was pull the Neo Reader out of it, "cooked" it in the FOV Rom and installed that (with my fonts in system too) and am very happy so far.
Regarding your own fonts, do you know that putting your own fonts into a directory called "Fonts" on the internal partition is doing the same trick?

Which files did you recognize as belonging to Neo Reader and replaced it in the ROM? I want to try that on my rooted device without having to recook the Rom.
I had a look into the Rom and the size of a lot of the apps is changed.

Edit: Found it: system/app/Reader-release.apk.
Edit2: You can replace Neo Reader on the device without cooking the Rom. I did it with Totalcommander. Just replace the apk, change the apk properties (rwx) to 644 and reboot.
Edit3: Neo Reader 1.7.3 RC1 Rom: TTS is introduced but not working on my device, which has working TTS with other apps.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 08-12-2015 at 03:40 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:45 AM   #188
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Recovery Mode Energy Sistem Pro?

Does anybody know how to get into Recovery mode with an Energy Sistem Pro device.
Holding both (power button and refresh button) is showing me the open lying robot but nothing else. I'm missing the options for recovery like shown in the attached pic from C67ML.

Would it be save to use a borrowed recovery.img from a C67ML device?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C67ML_recovery.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	140974  

Last edited by nhedgehog; 08-12-2015 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Image adapted
Old 08-12-2015, 08:45 AM   #189
Kunvp
Enthusiast
Kunvp began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia e-reader (Onyx C67ML) - Aldi2016 / Former: Sony PRS-T1&T2
energy sistem ereader pro+

I have upgraded my energy sistem ereader pro+ today to the 2.0.0 version.

1. downloading went from 1 tot 287 (files?)
2. reboot

Good news:
Quickdic gets installed and can be used whilst reading
(one needs to download the dictionary of choice first)

Bad news:
Indeed, the right side of the screen responds very badly or not.
This can be easily checked by going into a book an trying to select words.
Left: no problem,
Right: not possible, or at least very difficult.

Anybody solved this?
Kunvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:12 AM   #190
downeaster59
Wizard

Okay, I tried installing a system.img from my Onyx Boox C67ML Carta running the 1.7.3 firmware on my Boyue T62+, just like I did with the Onyx 1.7.2 ROM. When I rebooted the T62+, it stayed stuck on the boot animation for a long, long time. So, I reinstalled my backup system.img and all is well again. Not sure what went wrong, but possibly some change in 1.7.3 fouled up the usual process here.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #191
V3t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunvp View Post
I have upgraded my energy sistem ereader pro+ today to the 2.0.0 version.

1. downloading went from 1 tot 287 (files?)
2. reboot

Good news:
Quickdic gets installed and can be used whilst reading
(one needs to download the dictionary of choice first)

Bad news:
Indeed, the right side of the screen responds very badly or not.
This can be easily checked by going into a book an trying to select words.
Left: no problem,
Right: not possible, or at least very difficult.

Anybody solved this?
I never had the issue, but their forums suggested a system reset solves it - found in backup/reset options in the settings. Bare in mind it will wipe the device...

Good luck.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:16 AM   #192
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

nhedgehog
Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:06 AM   #193
crt
Enthusiast
crt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle keyboard, PocketBook Pro 912 (black), T62D with Gonyx
I have installed the previous modified firmware for Onyx C67ML on my Boyue T61 and T62D using the instructions provided for almost a month. Everything seems reasonably OK and the reader s/w is almost as good as the Duokan on the Kindle (allows for adequate text reflow even on scanned PDFs).
I did download the 'update.zip' file for the latest Onyx C67ML-Carta, but after a while my T62D got stuck at the lying down robot and had to reset it going back to the previous firmware. So, the same as 'downeaster59' reports.
crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:41 AM   #194
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Regarding your own fonts, do you know that putting your own fonts into a directory called "Fonts" on the internal partition is doing the same trick?

Which files did you recognize as belonging to Neo Reader and replaced it in the ROM? I want to try that on my rooted device without having to recook the Rom.
I had a look into the Rom and the size of a lot of the apps is changed.

Edit: Found it: system/app/Reader-release.apk.
Edit2: You can replace Neo Reader on the device without cooking the Rom. I did it with Totalcommander. Just replace the apk, change the apk properties (rwx) to 644 and reboot.
Edit3: Neo Reader 1.7.3 RC1 Rom: TTS is introduced but not working on my device, which has working TTS with other apps.
Sorry, did not see your post earlier. Yes, it is reader-release.apk for Neo. TTS is not working for me either on it (not that I care right now), but some epubs that did not work before do work now and I like Neo because it respects the CSS.

Re. Fonts: nope, this did not work for me on Neo. I need to have the fonts in System for them to show up and work (most of the time I don't want them, see CSS, but sometime I do).
Old 08-13-2015, 06:20 AM   #195
nhedgehog
Guru

Fonts in Neoreader

Quote:
Re. Fonts: nope, this did not work for me on Neo. I need to have the fonts in System for them to show up and work (most of the time I don't want them, see CSS, but sometime I do).
Just checked it on my device. NeoReader is not using ttf fonts at all. All the ttf-fonts in system/fonts are not shown in NeoReader too. It shows only otf-fonts, but I didn't verify the place where those are stored, but definitely not at "system/fonts" or "mnt/sdcard/Fonts".

Edit: TTF fonts in Neo Reader are recognized if copied into directory:
/mnt/sdcard/adobe/resources/fonts
Edit:
BTW: Since I'm using AlReader I'm not that firm with NeoReader. But on my device I couldn't get it to select a word in an epub. NeoReader v. dev (1548 - c69ddb7)
Edit: Back to the previous version of NeoReader, which btw. has the same version number, and selection is working again.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 08-13-2015 at 09:49 AM.