Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #1
bloodfyr
bloodfyr began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic
Books not being fully deleted

I'm using the most recent version of Calibre and have a rooted Classic Nook using nookLibrary. I'm not sure which of these (if it is these) is causing the issue I'm having:

When I delete a book through Calibre, it's deleted, but it remains in the nookLibrary listing though with no metadata and can't be opened. I have to go through and delete it manually on the nook to get it to go away.

Appreciate any suggestions.
bloodfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When deleting a book from a nook, all calibre does is delete the file. nookLibrary should be detecting that and updating it's display accordingly. If it isn't you should report the bug to its maintainers.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2012, 04:00 AM   #3
bloodfyr

Appreciate the answer. I'll bring it up on nookDevs.

I have a second question if you don't mind my asking: I experimented with plugboards and love the feature. I found a template I liked, put a few books on my nook, and then found a second, better template. I deleted the old one, put the new one in, and every book I upload gets modified by both plugboard templates, even though the original one isn't in the settings anymore. I even reinstalled Calibre and it's still there.

I apologize if I'm missing something obvious. I'm still a Calibre noob. Love the program, though.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try using restore to defaults in the metadata plugboards preferences to ensure the plugboard is deleted.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:35 AM   #5
bloodfyr

I did that.

Curiously, it seems to be running this ghost plugboard on only some books.
Advert
Old 02-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If they're book you previosuly sent then the nook might be caching their metadata, giving you the impression the plugboard is running again.