Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #256
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Device: Icarus Illumina
Thanks SLantedchanter and Downeaster, I've rooted and got my buttons, both go forward on one click and long click they both go back. Will be much better. Also got google play but I don't have the icon however it is there and I can access it but I don't need it.
carltonbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:41 AM   #257
atonement
Zealot
atonement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Considering the limited RAM, would not it be better to install something like Yalp Store (Open Source and free ) to download apps instead of the resource hungry Play Store?
atonement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:45 AM   #258
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
My T62D screen cracked so have ordered the jdread T63 has any one been able to get english firmware on it. The seller said it supports english but looking at forum posts here I am not so sure. As long as I can run calibre companion and coolreader i would be fine but would like to get google play on it as makes it easer to update the apps.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:49 AM   #259
atonement
Zealot
atonement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
My T62D screen cracked so have ordered the jdread T63 has any one been able to get english firmware on it. The seller said it supports english but looking at forum posts here I am not so sure. As long as I can run calibre companion and coolreader i would be fine but would like to get google play on it as makes it easer to update the apps.
T62 Mega was announced some days back . The same 300PPI display as T63 but with the protruding page turn buttons of the T62 which I prefer personally. And better audio support.
Yalp Store actually makes it very easy to update apps. I am planning to get rid of Google Apps altogether on my Android phone as well. Should help with battery life as well by getting rid of wakelocks.
P.S. Are eink screens very fragile?

Last edited by atonement; 05-30-2017 at 09:00 AM.
atonement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:17 PM   #260
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
My T63, which I bought from Banggood, does support English and a number of other languages. It does not come with Google Play pre-installed. However, the T6X Toolkit, found here, will root a T63 and install Google Play (it worked for me).

The T63 runs Calibre Companion very well. I haven't used cool reader, but a number of other reader apps, like Moon and KOReader, work fine.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:24 AM   #261
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atonement View Post
T62 Mega was announced some days back . The same 300PPI display as T63 but with the protruding page turn buttons of the T62 which I prefer personally. And better audio support.
Yalp Store actually makes it very easy to update apps. I am planning to get rid of Google Apps altogether on my Android phone as well. Should help with battery life as well by getting rid of wakelocks.
P.S. Are eink screens very fragile?
The T62mega is coming out a bit later I am traveling in between so need my reader and any way I read about it a few days after I had already ordered.
Btw Calibre companion is a paid app only available on Google play or Amazon app so using Yalp or any other store wont get me the updates. The way I use my reader the wifi is off unless I want to transfer books and with the deep sleep Battery saver app with deep slumber settings and about 2-3 hours of reading a day it lasts for around 10-14 days which to me is good enough.

@downeaster Thanks that takes rid of some of the buyers remorse I was feeling after reading about T62 Mega
Old 05-31-2017, 08:30 AM   #262
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Device: Icarus Illumina
I got excited when I saw mega, i thought it would be larger. IT's just the 62 with 300ppi screen. :-( I'd love a 7 inch ish with buttons, hi res and flush screen.
carltonbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:41 AM   #263
Dopedangel
Wizard

Does anyone know how to set screensaver in Jdread Boyue T63. Putting a standby.png file in /mnt/sdcard/ScreenSaver used to work in T62 but is not working in T63 I can change it manually by opening an image and setting it as the screensaver but would like to find out where the image is saved so can use calibre companion to auto set the screensaver as last opened book.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:50 AM   #264
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
I always open the jpg/png with the default viewer which then has an option of setting said image as a screensaver.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:26 PM   #265
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
I always open the jpg/png with the default viewer which then has an option of setting said image as a screensaver.
That's what I want to know when I set an image as screensaver in the default viewer where is it saved if I can find that by using calibre companion should be able to auto change the screensaver to the last opened book.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:41 AM   #266
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
Quote:
Does anyone know how to set screensaver in Jdread Boyue T63. Putting a standby.png file in /mnt/sdcard/ScreenSaver used to work in T62 but is not working in T63 I can change it manually by opening an image and setting it as the screensaver but would like to find out where the image is saved so can use calibre companion to auto set the screensaver as last opened book.
If boyue software is the same for all devices than:
- the final location: /data/misc/standby.png
- /system/media/standby.png is copied to the /data/misc folder if there is no standby.png there
- app ComicReader copies to the /data/misc/ folder one of the files from /sdcard/ScreenSaver folder
For me ComicReader didn't always do it's job very well. But after resetting screen saver it the device settings (I'll be guessing english names: Settings - User's configuration - Screen saver) it was starting to work again for a while.

Last edited by guest; 06-17-2017 at 06:43 AM.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #267
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
If boyue software is the same for all devices than:
- the final location: /data/misc/standby.png
- /system/media/standby.png is copied to the /data/misc folder if there is no standby.png there
- app ComicReader copies to the /data/misc/ folder one of the files from /sdcard/ScreenSaver folder
For me ComicReader didn't always do it's job very well. But after resetting screen saver it the device settings (I'll be guessing english names: Settings - User's configuration - Screen saver) it was starting to work again for a while.
Thanks this works letting calibre companion set a /sdcard/ScreenSaver/cover.jpg
Now whenever I open a book using calibre companion it makes it's cover the standby image
Old 06-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #268
softlight
softlight began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML Carta2
Cool Jdread T63HD English ROM

At last I got the stock English firmware directly from Boyue for my Jdread T63HD. It's simple and doesn't have much.

Better than the Chinese one since I ruined the Banggood version.

So in case you got stuck with the chinese version, you can use this official ROM.

You can download it from here:
-
NOTE: PLEASE BACKUP YOU DEVICE USING TWRP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING
for flashing purposes, the RK-BATCH (1.7/1.8) tool will do the job.

Maybe we can tinker around with it and cook something better.

Please test it and let me know.

Any ideas?

Last edited by softlight; 06-28-2017 at 05:37 AM.
softlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #269
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by softlight View Post
At last I got the stock English firmware directly from Boyue for my Jdread T63HD. It's simple and doesn't have much.
I would appreciate if you could PM me a link.

Which version is it? Same as on the banggood-shipped devices?
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:52 AM   #270
Dopedangel
Wizard

http://42.121.0.77/cms/firmware/Boyue-T63HD-JD/

I see a new update has come out this week has anyone tested it yet and does it support English