Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-03-2021, 01:18 AM   #1
rube
rube
rube began at the beginning.

Device: none
Windows can't see my PocketBook PB616W.

Windows can no longer see my PocketBook PB616W.

It does charge when attached to the computer.

Settings on ereader for USB Mode is PC link.

Settings on Windows 10 is to "ask me every time" for removable drive. There isn't a separate setting for the ereader.

I can connect to wifi and the device says the software is up to date. It's version U616.5.17.2173

I've checked the USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) in Device Manager on the puter and it says the latest driver is installed.

All of the buttons seem to be working, I can navigate around the ereader easily enough.

Any other info I can supply? Any ideas?

TIA

Last edited by rube; 12-03-2021 at 01:34 AM.
rube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 04:54 AM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Just to make sure you did not skip the 'obvious' actions:
- Did you try with different USB cables?
- Did you try different USB ports?

Quite often in situations like this the cable seems to be the culprit. They don't have eternal life.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2021, 05:53 AM   #3
rube
rube

(I knew I was forgetting to state something) Yes, I've changed cables and used a different computer!

ty
Old 12-03-2021, 05:55 AM   #4
rube
rube

Huh, just on the off chance I tried a 3rd cable and it now works! Thank you!
Old 12-04-2021, 05:29 PM   #5
rube
rube

Also, new thing discovered, if the ereader is connected to wifi it doesn't want to connect via cable. Just retrieved the cables I threw out to recheck if they are working.

Fiddly bloody system.
Advert
Old 12-04-2021, 07:02 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rube View Post
Also, new thing discovered, if the ereader is connected to wifi it doesn't want to connect via cable. Just retrieved the cables I threw out to recheck if they are working.

Fiddly bloody system.
Windows?

But, seriously, no issues with my PocketBooks connecting on a Linux machine.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:12 PM   #7
rube
rube

I'm always happy to blame windows!