Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-26-2021, 04:56 AM   #1
jpijper
Enthusiast
jpijper began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook HD3 (PB632)
Delay when turning pages

I'm very happy with KOReader on my Pocketbook Touch HD3. However, with some books there is a delay when I want to go to the next page. Sometimes just a second, sometimes maybe 5 or even 10 seconds. Most books are OK and turning pages is instantaneous and I can't find any pattern in this behavior.

Does anybody recognize this?
By the way, all my ebooks are in EPUB format.
jpijper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:01 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Pocketbook suspends very proactively; perhaps that's related somehow? But I'll wait for actual PB users to chime in.
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6559
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:54 AM   #3
Zetmolm
Fanatic
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I have read >100 books with KOReader on my Pocketbook Touch HD3, and never experienced a delay when turning pages. Could something be wrong with the epubs where this happens for you? For example, you can convert one of those epubs in Calibre from epub to epub, and see if the delay still happens.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:16 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I think that @Frenzie is right. If you read the page within a few minutes, the page turn response is fast. If (like me) you get distracted a lot and take five or more minutes to turn the page, then the buttons/touch screen can become unresponsive as the device goes to sleep. On some of my PB devices, I have to press the button or touch the screen twice to get a response (once to wake the device, and again to start the action). I wonder if the OP occasionally takes longer to turn the page?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:27 AM   #5
jpijper
Enthusiast

No, it's not the device being asleep, and it only happens with some books. I always convert my epubs in Calibre to epub to left-align them for reading in the standard Pocketbook reader. I haven't been able to find a pattern, but it's consistent within books. With some books the delay is so long that I revert back to the standard reader, which doesn't have that problem. If I find a solution I'll report back here.
Old 11-27-2021, 10:46 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could you please share one of these books after pulling it through ScrambleEbook?
Old 11-28-2021, 07:05 AM   #7
jpijper
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Could you please share one of these books after pulling it through ScrambleEbook?
I'll do this later today. Thanks already
Old 11-29-2021, 07:53 AM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard

Btw, don't forget to test if the resulting file displays the same issue.
Old 11-29-2021, 12:32 PM   #9
jpijper
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Btw, don't forget to test if the resulting file displays the same issue.
It's a good thing that you asked me to do this. Much to my surprise the scrambled version does not have the problem: pages turn immediately. It's a bit hard to read, though

I'll do some more systematic tests and report back.

Thanks so far!