Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-23-2022, 09:08 PM   #361
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
If you want to use the Nook stock reader for Calibre books, then you need to place the books in the spsd folder. That is where the Nook stock reader looks for them. If anyone knows of a way to change that, let me know.

Edit: I just learned something. I knew there was a Nook folder in the spsd folder and a Nook folder in the main storage. I assumed that everything sideloaded had to go to the spsd Nook folder for the Nook stock reader to see it. Not so! You can indeed place books in the Nook folder in main storage through Calibre (or however else you like) and the Nook stock reader will find them there.
I hit "reply" when only the first paragraph was displayed, but the second paragraph showed up in the reply quote. So that's good news. Thanks.

EDIT: I guess for those who want an Android eInk reader the GL 4 is a fairly inexpensive one.

Last edited by rcentros; 01-23-2022 at 09:10 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 09:49 PM   #362
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I hit "reply" when only the first paragraph was displayed, but the second paragraph showed up in the reply quote. So that's good news. Thanks.

EDIT: I guess for those who want an Android eInk reader the GL 4 is a fairly inexpensive one.
The GL 4 is a good choice as is, without installing anything else. If someone is willing to put in some effort to set things up, the GL 4 becomes an excellent deal for an Android eInk reader. Having the ability to buy one at a local B&N store makes it an even better deal, even given the cluelessness of some of the B&N staff when it comes to this device!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2022, 02:33 AM   #363
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Yes. You need to tap the Nook logo five times in a row, and quick taps. Then you'll get to development settings.
Yep that did it, specifically, 'and quick taps.' Thanks to all for the help.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:26 PM   #364
luisrodl
luisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toys

Device: Nook Glowlight 4
I just got a software update today. But I clicked to fast after the update and could not see the changelog that pops up after. Anyone has any idea of any changes that might be in this update?
luisrodl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:26 PM   #365
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisrodl View Post
I just got a software update today. But I clicked to fast after the update and could not see the changelog that pops up after. Anyone has any idea of any changes that might be in this update?
I saw something about improving the reading experience, but nothing specific.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2022, 09:52 AM   #366
luisrodl
luisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toysluisrodl shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I saw something about improving the reading experience, but nothing specific.
Thanks! Nothing new introduced, just a standard update then.
Old 01-28-2022, 10:21 AM   #367
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I have the 2015 Plus and the 3. I haven't been able to get access to the 3, but my Plus hasn't gotten any updates yet. I'm on app version 53.0.115.

The plus and the 3 seem to follow similar update paths. I wonder if the 4 is now separate because of the newer processor?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:30 AM   #368
luisrodl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I have the 2015 Plus and the 3. I haven't been able to get access to the 3, but my Plus hasn't gotten any updates yet. I'm on app version 53.0.115.

The plus and the 3 seem to follow similar update paths. I wonder if the 4 is now separate because of the newer processor?
It seems it is separate. After the update from yesterday, my GL4 is in app version 5.6.1.35. It seems for the GL4 the number version format kinda changed too compared to your Plus.
Old 01-28-2022, 02:28 PM   #369
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisrodl View Post
It seems it is separate. After the update from yesterday, my GL4 is in app version 5.6.1.35. It seems for the GL4 the number version format kinda changed too compared to your Plus.
I'll check the GL3 later and see if there is any update for it.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:16 PM   #370
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'll check the GL3 later and see if there is any update for it.
Hasn't been any, so far, for mine.
Old 01-29-2022, 12:41 AM   #371
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Hasn't been any, so far, for mine.
Yeah, none for me either.
Old 01-29-2022, 01:03 PM   #372
christianbk
Connoisseur
christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: At least one of each brand
Took a pic of the update this AM. Yep, those improvements to the "reading apparatus"

Last edited by christianbk; 01-29-2022 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Image resize
christianbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 02:44 PM   #373
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianbk View Post
Took a pic of the update this AM. Yep, those improvements to the "reading apparatus"
I don't know why, but I find the word "apparatus" amusing in this context. Out of curiosity, do the British use "apparatus" the way those in the U.S. use "device?"
Old 01-29-2022, 03:08 PM   #374
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
I don't know why, but I find the word "apparatus" amusing in this context. Out of curiosity, do the British use "apparatus" the way those in the U.S. use "device?"
Never seen anyone here mention a reading apparatus (), and we have many Brits here.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 12:00 AM   #375
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
I don't know why, but I find the word "apparatus" amusing in this context.
I like the Carl Sagan quote.

Tags
nook