Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-17-2018, 07:51 AM   #31
sogaiu
Groupie
sogaiu can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sogaiu can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sogaiu can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sogaiu can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sogaiu can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sogaiu can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sogaiu can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sogaiu can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sogaiu can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sogaiu can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sogaiu can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
which filesystem 'Onyx Max2' or 'SD-Card' ?

I hope it's the 'SD-Card'.
That's right, the external one -- it was a micro sd card via a USB adapter.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:52 AM   #32
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogaiu View Post
That's right, the external one -- it was a micro sd card via a USB adapter.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:04 PM   #33
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Meanwhile, I tested the GNURoot Debian + XServer XSDL solution
( https://www.xda-developers.com/guide...ndroid-device/ )
although not on the Max2, in order to avoid putting it on the Internet (creating firewalls etc.).

As one would guess, it works - I am sure it will also work pretty well on the Max2. I still have that VNC feel (the client is embedded in GNURoot Debian, I think)... And I believe all those layers (desktop Linux running above Android) have a performance impact.

But it is probably viable, if one needs a desktop application to run and cannot connect the tablet to other devices.

Sogaiu, what was your experience - mostly in terms of the usability related to speed? If I have to pick an application, as you probably imagine, I would say LibreOffice.

Last edited by mdp; 03-18-2018 at 05:08 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:23 AM   #34
Waiting4somethin
Groupie
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
I would like an Linux eink device.

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 03-27-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:45 PM   #35
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
I am also trying mobility setups with portable Intel systems.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:06 PM   #36
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
Go to the PocketBook forum. It is a Linux device.

Dale
DaleDe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:54 PM   #37
Waiting4somethin
Groupie
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Go to the PocketBook forum. It is a Linux device.

Dale
Boox ereaders are the only ones with adequate or reasonable specs afaik.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:01 PM   #38
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Go to the PocketBook forum. It is a Linux device
Can it support a Linux Desktop (Gnome, Kde, Xfce...)?

The Max2 is, of course, a Linux device... Just to be sure we are on topic.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:35 PM   #39
Waiting4somethin
Groupie

Wrong thread.