Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 08-26-2004, 05:37 PM   #106
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Francesco, sorry for not announcing it, but I had to temporarily remove Joy of Tech. It was causing errors to my script, which led to thousands of daily 404 errors on my page. Must investigate before I bring it back up.

Sorry again!
Old 08-26-2004, 06:26 PM   #107
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Do not say sorry, you've worked a lot in this place. And done a terrific job.
I was wondering because sometimes I don't see what's right in front of my face.
Advert
Old 09-01-2004, 10:32 AM   #108
johnsoax
Connoisseur
johnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it is

Device: TT3(Home)&Dell x50(Work)
Alexander,

Have you ever figured out how to get Baby Blues and Zits back? Just curious as I can get them online, but can't figure out how to link to them.

(I make a small comics distribution page here at work, that I update manually (takes about 5 seconds), but since Cleggs stopped, I don't know how to get those two comics anymore).

Thanks

Alex
Old 09-03-2004, 01:39 PM   #109
macrotor
Connoisseur
macrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it is

Device: Tungsten|C with Nokia6200
Did you ever release the script to do this? I couldn't find it in this thread.

I am still using sitescooper to bundle all of my comics onto one page. Great once its running, but a pain to install properly. Also, there is less chance of a time-out since all the comics are local for iSilo to convert. However, now that iSilo is allowing cookies and regex filters, has anyone made a new attempt to download comics direct from iSilo? Sure, there might be some extra text thrown in, but it would be nice to have a solution that didn't rely on Alex's script. For instance, theoretically, you could make it send/receive cookies, exclude all gifs, but allow a give that fit the comic. I'll give it a go.

Oh....by the way...I'm finally back after 2 years of active duty! I should see how the sitescooper thread is doing. Excellent upgrades to the site, Alex!
Old 09-03-2004, 02:46 PM   #110
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice to see you back, macrotor!

The script is based on dailystrips:
http://dailystrips.sourceforge.net/

I only made a few tweaks here or there, but 99% of it is dailystrips.
Advert
Old 09-03-2004, 03:13 PM   #111
macrotor
Connoisseur
macrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it is

Device: Tungsten|C with Nokia6200
I like how you can set your script to give page-links without downloading graphics. Sitescooper doesn't have that option. I also like how you don't have support perl libraries to install all over the place. Certainly easier to setup than sitescooper.

Check out the kingfeatures Comic thread I resurrected just now. The handy script may be unnecessary. iSilo has come a long way in my absence.
Jeez, I look like a newbie compared to all these people who've been here the last two years. You've made quite a name for yourself, Alexander!

Last edited by macrotor; 09-03-2004 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Just commenting on the script. Don't like to reply to myslef.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:49 PM   #112
thereverendj
thereverendj began at the beginning.

Device: ique3600
My Xmas wishlist for Alexander:

I am not able to read the comics in their current orientation: I think it would be much better if they were rotated 90 for the palm screen. html for doing this available here: http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/...html/aid/11119

Also, could you add pearls before swine, and since it has been awhile - maybe sherman's lagoon will work now??

Finally, I find it works best if you use the wildcard exclusion "*" in isilo to exclude everything and then use the <i>inclusion</i> list to add your comic of interest.

cheers.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:25 PM   #113
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Wow, didn't even occur to me that such a thing might be feasible. That would be a pretty neat solution for pda viewing...
Old 12-17-2004, 02:06 PM   #114
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Thanks thereverend, I had a look at the html code. Unfortunately, as it also says, it only works with IE5.5+/Win32.

I could do all kinds of image manipulations, such as rotate by 90°; the problem is that this would require to save the images locally on our server, and I hesitate to do that due to copyright issues.

In the next days I'll have a look at the current comics list and try to clean it up (remove dead ones, perhaps add new ones).

Greets

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereverendj
My Xmas wishlist for Alexander:

I am not able to read the comics in their current orientation: I think it would be much better if they were rotated 90 for the palm screen. html for doing this available here: http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/...html/aid/11119

Also, could you add pearls before swine, and since it has been awhile - maybe sherman's lagoon will work now??

Finally, I find it works best if you use the wildcard exclusion "*" in isilo to exclude everything and then use the <i>inclusion</i> list to add your comic of interest.

cheers.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:59 AM   #115
palmdoc
palmdoc began at the beginning.

Device: Treo650/DexllAxim x50v
Hi, I tried putting the exclusion and inclusion filters for Sunrise 0.4a but am not successful. I assume the same filters should work?
Thanks
Old 03-06-2005, 01:45 PM   #116
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My problem isn't the space, but the size of the resulting images. Even though I have resize unchecked, the comics are small and the text too small to read comfortably.

I even tried "resize" with a large setting, hoping it would *enlarge* the comics but not dice. Any suggestions?

I'm linking to http://www.turcic.com/avantgo/comics.shtml

Last edited by robinson; 03-06-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:50 PM   #117
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm on a T3 if that matters...

and the images are big enough to require scrolling around, it's just that the text in the comics is still too small.

I also tried

http://www.comics.com/cobrand/comics/washpost/peanuts for the download and same thing happened.

So, I guess the question is, is there a way of enlarging the images?!

Last edited by robinson; 03-06-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:47 AM   #118
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
That is strange. Are you sure resizing is disabled? What tool are you using - iSilo or Plucker?
Old 03-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #119
robinson
Zealot

iSilo... Yep, double-checked before posting. Also checked again! :-)

I also tried turning off compression. None of it helps. It doesn't fit the image to the screen, but it certainly isn't the same size as on the web page.

Perhaps it's a T3, high-resolution screen issue.

thanks for responding, any other ideas?
Old 03-09-2005, 02:14 AM   #120
drc54
Enthusiast
drc54 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm m515, now TX
I have two different "comics" lines, one for weekdays and one for Sunday (actually, Monday morning my time). For the weekdays, resize image is set at max w=480 and max h=240. For Sunday, it's 720 and 360. Works for me on an M515 for all except the Sunday version of Non Sequitur.

Last edited by drc54; 03-09-2005 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Minor corrections