Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-12-2018, 06:10 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@TheArtfulDodger - curious: why are you running calibre "as a different user such as administrator". DnD of a file into the book details of a portable I have on my data drive works fine.

Running calibre as administrator shouldn't be necessary.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #17
TheArtfulDodger
Connoisseur
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@TheArtfulDodger - curious: why are you running calibre "as a different user such as administrator". DnD of a file into the book details of a portable I have on my data drive works fine.

Running calibre as administrator shouldn't be necessary.

BR
Hello, BR:

I wasn't even aware I was. At sometime in the distant past I must have had a problem and clicked the box in properties. It's now unchecked!

Thanks for the heads up - I thought Kovid was talking about the fact that my account in Windows is as an Administrator.

Sparky
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #18
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger View Post
Hello, BR:

I wasn't even aware I was. At sometime in the distant past I must have had a problem and clicked the box in properties. It's now unchecked!

Thanks for the heads up - I thought Kovid was talking about the fact that my account in Windows is as an Administrator.

Sparky
I assume you can now DnD into the Book Details panel.

Coincidentally I was another application support site today, and someone there had had a similar DnD problem. They also had the Run As Admin box checked in the programs Properties->Compatibility tab for some inexplicable reason. After they unchecked it their DnD problems were solved.

<rant>In my experience it's rarely a real solution to a problem, might be a workaround pending a fix, or a diagnostic aid. If it's really needed the application installer should set it and the application doco should say why its needed.</rant>

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, books, calibre, re-import, update