Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-29-2015, 05:51 AM   #226
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosx View Post
Preferences caliber I have set as the Polish language and descriptions of the plug are still in English.
Dumb question. Has anybody translated the plugin into Polish?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:31 AM   #227
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Dumb question. Has anybody translated the plugin into Polish?
That was one of the changes in announced in version 2.0.10 earlier today. But, looking in the zip file, there is no "pl.mo". I think the Lithuanian language file is also missing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #228
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That was one of the changes in announced in version 2.0.10 earlier today. But, looking in the zip file, there is no "pl.mo". I think the Lithuanian language file is also missing.
@davidfor
Thank you for your answer

@Terisa de morgan
Sorry for the stupid questions
bravosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:00 AM   #229
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosx View Post
@Terisa de morgan
Sorry for the stupid questions
Mine was the stupid question, not yours I was telling that the following one was a dumb question, but my English....
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:38 AM   #230
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Mine was the stupid question, not yours I was telling that the following one was a dumb question, but my English....
I understood just fine. (and it was a good question. )
Duh! has this PI been translated to that language?

Remember folk, Translations are done by volunteers... (with skills in translation)
Updates, When they have time.

for thinking to look to see if it (existing translation) was Included in the package.

Again, Volunteers work, puts the package together. Things can go bump. Be nice when it does
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:21 PM   #231
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Version 2.0.11 - 30 Dec 2015
  • Really update translations.

The Polish was missing because I didn't notice that my script to update and include the translations was failing. It's fixed now. Sorry about that.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:26 PM   #232
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
OK To add to my previous posting!!! The problem was caused by one of the files having a contents_1 file which had been created by a previous run of epubmerge. Removing that file stopped the error.
To the best of my knowledge, EpubMerge won't create any file or directory named 'contents_1'.

If you can provide example epubs that demo the problem, I can look into it.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:20 AM   #233
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
To the best of my knowledge, EpubMerge won't create any file or directory named 'contents_1'.

If you can provide example epubs that demo the problem, I can look into it.
Hi Jimm

I think what happens is that epubmerge creates subdirectories for each epub, then if you use the calibre function "arrange into directories" it avoids duplicates by suffixing the filenames. So this is where contents_1 came from.

To be honest as soon as I fixed the problem I moved on! But I'll definitely try and make time to create a repro case for you.

Cheers, Steve
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:27 PM   #234
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
File order messed up

So I don't know if this has been addressed before: I merged six big epubs, and the resulting one has all the xhtmls files in the wrong order. The resulting table of contents is messed up too. I suspect it's got something to do with the fact that the xhtml files have the same names (this hasn't happened with another merge I did, two books where the files had different names).

Ty
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:43 PM   #235
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1v4n0 View Post
So I don't know if this has been addressed before: I merged six big epubs, and the resulting one has all the xhtmls files in the wrong order. The resulting table of contents is messed up too. I suspect it's got something to do with the fact that the xhtml files have the same names (this hasn't happened with another merge I did, two books where the files had different names).
EpubMerge very specifically does work with epubs containing the same file names (by creating subdirectories). My own FanFicFare plugin creates epubs with the same file names all the time.

OTOH, some other tools (notably Sigil) do not work well with identical file names in different directories and do pretty much what you described.

So until I see an example I'm going to assume that's what's happened. Again.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:00 PM   #236
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Ok, in fact I was checking the ebook with sigil, and not with an actual reader. So this is just a problem of visualization with sigil, and it doesn't affect the epub, right?

Oh well thanks for the quick answer then
Old 03-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #237
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1v4n0 View Post
Ok, in fact I was checking the ebook with sigil, and not with an actual reader. So this is just a problem of visualization with sigil, and it doesn't affect the epub, right?

Oh well thanks for the quick answer then
As long as you don't save it from Sigil. Because that will save the corrupted form.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #238
1v4n0
Groupie

Yes, ofc. I'd rep you again but they won't let me. Good job!
Old 05-04-2016, 01:31 PM   #239
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 2.0.12 - 04 May 2016
  • Fix for Mac OS X crashes - changes to progress bar dialogs implementation.
  • Fix for Mac OS X freezes - set log level to CRITICAL unless calibre in debug or in BG job.
  • Update translations.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:55 AM   #240
ericpaul
ericpaul began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Merged epubs producing smaller pages

Thanks for this plugin. I'm merging some music notation files from Finale, which I've output from Finale as epubs. They merge fine, but the pages of music in the resulting file display much smaller when I view them in the iBooks reader, compared to the size they were displaying in the original epub files (as if the margins have changed, or extra white space has been added all around the music notation). I've tried to see if the margins have been adjusted, or if there has been whitespace added, or any other reason, but can't find the source of this change. It makes the notes of music much smaller and harder to read on my iPad than the original, individual epub files.

I've attached one of the original, individual epub files and also the final merged file which has all 12 songs. When I open the individual file (Moment By Moment), it displays the song filling the full screen in iBooks. When I open the merged file (Clear My Mind Piano Book) and I view the same song (Moment By Moment, the first song in the book) it displays the song in iBooks, but at the reduced size. My goal is to get all of the songs in the merged book to fill the full display in iBooks, as they do in the original, individual epub files. Thanks for any thoughts!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-20-2016 at 12:47 PM.
ericpaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, combine books, epubmerge, make collection, merge epub, merge epubs