Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-22-2019, 10:11 PM   #1
HeidiRF
HeidiRF began at the beginning.

Device: nook glowlight 3
glowlight 3 not showing all library books added

Hi, I recently reset my glowlight 3 because it was corrupted, and it ran a full update. Since then it will only show the first two library books added, even though all of them appear on the nook in ADE and in the Digital Editions folder on the nook drive in Windows Explorer. For example, tonight I downloaded 5 books and added them to the nook through ADE. My bookshelf on the nook itself only showed the first two I added, even though they are all on the device. I disconnected the nook from the computer and reconnected it, and the next time I disconnected it another of the books appeared on the shelf. I did this a third time and yet another one appeared. So now 4 of my 5 are showing. Disconnecting and reconnecting again didn't produce the 5th, though. I do have the nook set to show all titles, read and unread, downloaded and not, no titles hidden. Anyone have any thoughts?
HeidiRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:53 AM   #2
nellie27
Connoisseur
nellie27 doesn't litternellie27 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Tab A, Boox Nova Air C
I'm not sure I can help a whole lot, but I have some questions.

How long have you had your Glowlight 3? Have you had to reset in the past due to corruption?

Do you always use ADE? Successfully? (I never use it, so I can't even begin to address any issues there, sorry. I almost always use Calibre to sideload, sometimes a file manager.) Does ADE itself now require a reset of some kind?

What is the new app version number now, since the update? (settings, second page>about)

Are you considering another reset?

I hope you can get this issue resolved. The NG3 is nice hardware for reading.
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2019, 08:09 PM   #3
HeidiRF
HeidiRF began at the beginning.

Device: nook glowlight 3
I've had the glowlight since January, and this is the first time I reset it. I wasn't planning on resetting it again, but will if that what ultimately makes sense. Before that I was using the simple touch. ADE has worked fine for me until this year, when it started just being weird in a couple different ways. I don't think this is an ADE problem, though, because it is loading the files on to the nook. I just don't know why the nook isn't showing them all. The nook app version is 50.0.112/5.0.5.27. ADE is version 3.0.1.91394. I use ADE 3.0 because the later ones don't work as well. I've never used Calibre, does it work for EPUB?
HeidiRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:29 PM   #4
Raphi'Elohim
Banned
Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: NOOK Glowlight plus 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiRF View Post
Hi, I recently reset my glowlight 3 because it was corrupted, and it ran a full update. Since then it will only show the first two library books added, even though all of them appear on the nook in ADE and in the Digital Editions folder on the nook drive in Windows Explorer. For example, tonight I downloaded 5 books and added them to the nook through ADE. My bookshelf on the nook itself only showed the first two I added, even though they are all on the device. I disconnected the nook from the computer and reconnected it, and the next time I disconnected it another of the books appeared on the shelf. I did this a third time and yet another one appeared. So now 4 of my 5 are showing. Disconnecting and reconnecting again didn't produce the 5th, though. I do have the nook set to show all titles, read and unread, downloaded and not, no titles hidden. Anyone have any thoughts?
I'm not sure I can help because I always strip DRM from epubs with Calibre using Apprentice Alf's plugins instead of messing around with ADE.

I might be totally off base here but it sounds like you might be pulling the device out too soon before all the books are loaded on.

Another thing you might try adding just 2 or 3 books at a time. Not in different sessions, because that would suck, but in the same session just space it out so the device has time to process it.

I would suggest resetting the device again too because it sounds like the 5th book might be corrupted.

Also, make sure you always eject it first using the windows OS software eject function before you pull the device out.

I am actually not sure any of this works but if you are not the technical type maybe you should just buy books from Barnes and & Noble.

I currently have 68 books on my device all them sideloaded with no DRM and I have no problems with my device but I have the glowlight plus 2 but that is just the glowlight 3 on steroids or a healthy dose of vitamins.

Last edited by Raphi'Elohim; 07-25-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Raphi'Elohim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:24 PM   #5
nellie27
Connoisseur
nellie27 doesn't litternellie27 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Tab A, Boox Nova Air C
Did your books finally all appear?

Why did you orginally reset your Nook? You said "corrupted", what happened?

I'm still on a previous firmware version. Obviously, the new firmware update did nothing to improve the problem(s) that so many people have with this particular device.

Calibre is a great program. It does work with epubs, and many other book formats. It has something of a learning curve. There are so many features, and you have to figure out which ones will be useful to you. There is a Calibre section in this forum with helpful people.

Using Calibre instead of ADE probably won't help with your sideloading problems, however. Be aware that many people have the same issues that you are having, and more.
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2019, 04:34 PM   #6
marielpq
marielpq began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch with GLowLight
My books desappeared too with Calibre ....

.... when I added new ones.
I restore my Simple Touch with Glow Light, and the everything was OK, but when added new ones, the same
And when I watch the content in my windows PC explorer directory, I watch strange symbols, all are corrupted (look at the attachment).
Any ideas???

Thank you!.
Mariel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-04 15_32_01-ß (F_).png
Views:	275
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	173962  
marielpq is offline   Reply With Quote