Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-05-2019, 04:09 PM   #1
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Moon+Reader questions

There are a pletora of apps for Android, but Moon+Reader is the one that I choose because has much more features than every other app. I challenge whoever to show is not true(pity for the glorious

My questions are
1) which strategy you use to sync it with other devices but also new readers you have bought? Also do know ways to highlight pdf in a way, that if opened on a desktop, the highlights are persistent using whatever PDF desktop app?
2)Do you have also the issue that if you see a PDF and make highlights, and then go in flow mode, you lose the highlights? I can make notes on PDF that are persistent, and I can make notes on pdf reflow mode, but what is highlighted in the "normal" mode, is not seen in the reflow mode.

Whatever contribution and comment is truly appreciated from my side, thanks
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #2
dzeronimooo
dzeronimooo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, Galaxy S9+
Hi!

I use Moon+ Reader on my phone and my tablet and I have synced these two devices using Google Drive, there's an option to do that. Each time I finish with my reading, I backup and if I continue on another device I just hit restore and proceed with reading, highlighting, etc.

I was also annoyed with the second issue you mentioned, but I have found a way. True, you can't see highlights when you switch modes, but if you go to bookmarks you will see them.

Hope this helps!
dzeronimooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2019, 03:12 PM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzeronimooo View Post
Hi!

I use Moon+ Reader on my phone and my tablet and I have synced these two devices using Google Drive, there's an option to do that. Each time I finish with my reading, I backup and if I continue on another device I just hit restore and proceed with reading, highlighting, etc.

I was also annoyed with the second issue you mentioned, but I have found a way. True, you can't see highlights when you switch modes, but if you go to bookmarks you will see them.

Hope this helps!
I sync via Dropbox. Both Dropbox and Google drive are supported. Using Dropbox in this way does not count as an install for the 3 device limit.
I don't read PDF so I cant comment on the other point.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:17 PM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Ps the sync option I use is to have bookmarks and annotations synced, not the whole book.
When I open on a different device a popup will say there is a new sync position in Dropbox. Use it Y/N.
I also backup the program preferences occasionally and if ever I want to setup a new device.
Books are matched on title and author for sync, I think. They do not need of be in matching local folders on the devices.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:25 AM   #5
dzeronimooo
dzeronimooo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, Galaxy S9+
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
When I open on a different device a popup will say there is a new sync position in Dropbox. Use it Y/N.
Thank you, I didn't know about this option. Think makes it much simpler.
dzeronimooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert