Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-31-2018, 12:03 PM   #1
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
Best Android app to read local copy of Calibre library?

I have about 30GB of PDF reference materials that I have carefully tagged in Calibre. Because I'm often in the field with no internet connection for days at a time, I've copied this entire library to my Android ereader and I refer to it frequently.

Currently I'm using Calibre Companion to browse the library on my device, but the app is clearly not optimized for this sort of use. For each PDF I want to read, even though they're all right there on the device, I have to tap "Connect" and then "Download," and that makes a second copy of the PDF, which is a problem because my 32GB storage space is getting full.

Is there any app that's explicitly meant to work with tagged files that are stored on a non-connected device?
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Hi eater,

You could give BookFusion a try. Our app allows you to sync your Calibre eBook library to the cloud and then selectively make available the titles you want to be able to read while offline accessible without internet connectivity.

More at https://www.bookfusion.com/reading
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2018, 09:58 PM   #3
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillachie View Post
Hi eater,

You could give BookFusion a try. Our app allows you to sync your Calibre eBook library to the cloud and then selectively make available the titles you want to be able to read while offline accessible without internet connectivity.

More at https://www.bookfusion.com/reading
Does BookFusion provide tools for further organizing my library? If I am too lazy to add metadata further than author/title/series will it help me add consistent metadata, at least the way calibre might?

Also, will data sync downstream, to my local library?
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:37 PM   #4
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Cant_Read View Post
Does BookFusion provide tools for further organizing my library? If I am too lazy to add metadata further than author/title/series will it help me add consistent metadata, at least the way calibre might?

Also, will data sync downstream, to my local library?

For some reason the comment was not sent to my email. To answer your questions

1. We extract and use metadata if embedded in the eBook. We will also sync tags and other metadata from Calibre. However, we do not have support for series and a few other organizing features present in Calibre. We are working on a new UI that will provide a similar or better experience when organizing your library

2. Data is currently synced upstream to BookFusion from Calibre and downstream to your devices via the BookFusion app. BookFusion does not sync back to Calibre currently. We could add downstream syncing for premium readers if it is requested.

Last edited by skillachie; 03-14-2019 at 09:43 PM.
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote