Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-27-2018, 12:51 PM   #16
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I don't understand anything that's being said. Maybe it's because I don't understand html, or whatever it's called.

All I asked for was an emoticon that I could click on (in the emoticon box) to add to a message. Simples. Nothing to do with code or other techie stuff I don't understand.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:47 PM   #17
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
BookCat: To summarize, it is very unlikely to get added at this point - maybe when (if) new software gets installed for MR as a whole. I don't think there is a top-level admin currently active on the site who can do that. This is the same issue that is preventing new forums from being added and old abandoned forums from being archived.

In the mean-time, you can copy/paste the code below into your reply message box if you want to use the version JSWolf posted.

Quote:
[img]https://www.mobileread.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=163055&d=1522010593[/img]
Just copy the entire line in the quote box there and paste it into the reply to message box or new message box as applicable. It isn't as easy, but it is the best work-around for this we have right now.

If you install the addons that BetterRed mentions you can probably get it another way (but I haven't looked into that at all.)
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2018, 08:06 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
[B]If you install the addons that BetterRed mentions you can probably get it another way (but I haven't looked into that at all.)
The gadgets I mentioned are alternatives you only need one.

All they do is to provide a way to save strings with a meaningful name and retrieve via the name - often referred to as snippets.

I added the string for Jon's bouncing ball image to BBCodeXtra's Custom Tags with the name "hello".

I've never understood why the OS providers don't provide a simple snippets manager as part of the furniture.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-27-2018 at 08:09 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:14 AM   #19
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, I'm trying the method Dazrin mentioned:

Old 03-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #20
BookCat
C L J

It works! Thanks.
Advert
Old 06-21-2018, 05:01 AM   #21
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Thanks, guys! This has been a very helpful discussion!
I just tried saving an animated GIF to my album, and attaching it to a post, but get the "X" in a white box (for image unavailable).

I used the same IMG wrap around the URL as cromag used on his post, and can't see any difference in syntax. (I had to put spaces in the [IMG] tag below to prevent it from parsing)
Code:
 [I M G]https://www.mobileread.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1325&pictureid=7817[/I M G]

What might I be doing wrong? It has been so long since I used my album, I can't remember if I am forgetting some simple step.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:53 AM   #22
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You've got the wrong URL. There should be a URL shown on your album page that has /picture.php in it instead of /album.php.

Try https://www.mobileread.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1325&pictureid=7817

pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:00 AM   #23
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You've got the wrong URL. There should be a URL shown on your album page that has /picture.php in it instead of /album.php.

Try https://www.mobileread.com/forums/pi...pictureid=7817
Ah, that's it then.

Thank you so much. I'm not observant enough, I guess.

Last edited by pdurrant; 06-21-2018 at 07:28 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:52 PM   #24
BookCat
C L J

I've used the bouncing balls several times now. I'll try to look for another image and wrap [img] around it. Hope that works.

I saved the bouncy balls code in a notepad txt doc.

Tags
emoticon, new members