Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-21-2021, 09:23 AM   #1
aj219
aj219 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Kobo Overdrive Connectivity/ Sync Issues HELP!

So on my Kobo Clara, as of today, my device has stopped syncing with Overdrive/Libby. I can only borrow books directly on the device, but can’t place a hold for any books as I receive an error on the screen saying it’s having trouble connecting to overdrive when I attempt to do this.

I’ve tried everything: logging out and in of both my overdrive and kobo accounts, repairing account, factory resetting device, logging in directly with library cards, but nothing has worked.

Also tried on a second Kobo (a Libra) but it’s the same story. Not a device issue either. I've also reset, repaired etc both and hasn't helped.

It's not a wifi connectivity issue either as I hotspotted from a phone and redid all the steps re: logging in and out, factory resetting, and repairing.

When I log in with individual library cards (I have multiple) it will sync but only with that library and delete all other overdrive books I had on the device from the other libraries I have membership with.

The books are available on the kobo catalogue so that isn’t the issue. It just decided to stop syncing out the blue. The books aren’t even appearing on my kobo account.

Is anyone else facing this issue as well? Does anyone have a solution? I’ve contacted support but they couldn't help.

Last edited by aj219; 08-21-2021 at 09:25 AM. Reason: clarification
aj219 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
account, kobo, libby, overdrive, sync