Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-24-2020, 02:44 PM   #31
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDeadPpl View Post
Code:
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg: .addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg
try
Code:
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg: mnt/onboard/.addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:46 PM   #32
ICDeadPpl
Enthusiast
ICDeadPpl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDeadPpl View Post
My bad, I missed the extension on the "miniclock.cfg" file.
This is should work:
Code:
files:
  # MiniClock files
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/usr/local/MiniClock/devinputeventdump: usr/local/MiniClock/devinputeventdump
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/usr/local/MiniClock/fbink: usr/local/MiniClock/fbink
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/usr/local/MiniClock/miniclock.sh: usr/local/MiniClock/miniclock.sh
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/etc/udev/rules.d/miniclock.rules: etc/udev/rules.d/miniclock.rules
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg: .addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg
Correction on the last line:
Code:
../kobopatch-custom/root/addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg: mnt/onboard/.addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg
I never realized that the file wasn't copied, because I already had the config file there from when I installed MiniClock the old fashioned way. Sorry!
ICDeadPpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2020, 04:27 PM   #33
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How did you get on a firmware not even version 2.x?
Just make a typo and you will have the desired firmware
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:43 AM   #34
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks, it´s ok now!

Last edited by jamalau; 05-25-2020 at 02:47 AM.
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:11 AM   #35
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
So, which files do I have to add to the patch to get the clock?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2020, 03:55 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
So, which files do I have to add to the patch to get the clock?
Read the previous messages in this thread for the answer.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:17 AM   #37
avresbo
Enthusiast
avresbo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD / Kobo Libra H2O
To patch this version can I use the same *.yaml in the new patch that I used in the previous one?
Thank ou very much
avresbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:05 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avresbo View Post
To patch this version can I use the same *.yaml in the new patch that I used in the previous one?
Thank ou very much
Check Github for any changes before you run the patch.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:11 PM   #39
avresbo
Enthusiast
avresbo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD / Kobo Libra H2O
I've attached the modified kobopatch.yaml file here (kobopatch.yaml.txt since MobileRead does not allow .yaml files). Download it, copy it to your kobopatch directory and remove the .txt extension.
Attached Files
File Type: txt kobopatch.yaml.txt (3.7 KB, 46 views)

Is this file for use it without modifying the others yaml?
Thank you for your answer
avresbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:16 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by avresbo View Post
I've attached the modified kobopatch.yaml file here (kobopatch.yaml.txt since MobileRead does not allow .yaml files). Download it, copy it to your kobopatch directory and remove the .txt extension.
Attached Files
File Type: txt kobopatch.yaml.txt (3.7 KB, 46 views)

Is this file for use it without modifying the others yaml?
Thank you for your answer
You are not good to go. If you look at the first post in this thread, you will see that there are two new patches since the previous version. Add those in and decide if you want them or nat and then you should be good to go.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:49 AM   #41
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Sincere appreciation to all who have contributed the great work on these patches! I just patched my Aura ONE LE and all the new patches (since I last patched about 2 years ago) are great, and the instructions could not be more clear!

Perhaps I missed it, but are there patches for the following -

1. Change the font on the Home screen menu (top upper left, 3 lines next to Home, as well as the various options in this menu)? Looking specifically to get rid of the Italics for each option).

2. Show reading activity/stats on the Home screen.

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:11 AM   #42
mdx
mdx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks to all involved in these patches! Recently got my kobo and applied a handful of these, loving the easy customization compared to my old kindle.

Just one question: Does the "Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen" have no effect for anyone else? I still see recommendations/top50 on my home screen, even though the log suggests the patch applied successfully. Not a big deal, just wondering if this is known/expected or not.
mdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:55 AM   #43
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdx View Post
Thanks to all involved in these patches! Recently got my kobo and applied a handful of these, loving the easy customization compared to my old kindle.

Just one question: Does the "Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen" have no effect for anyone else? I still see recommendations/top50 on my home screen, even though the log suggests the patch applied successfully. Not a big deal, just wondering if this is known/expected or not.
This patch only removes the one which shows with less than 2 books visible. It does not deal with the special ones which appear on newly set-up devices or a few other conditions.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:56 AM   #44
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Sincere appreciation to all who have contributed the great work on these patches! I just patched my Aura ONE LE and all the new patches (since I last patched about 2 years ago) are great, and the instructions could not be more clear!

1. Change the font on the Home screen menu (top upper left, 3 lines next to Home, as well as the various options in this menu)? Looking specifically to get rid of the Italics for each option).

2. Show reading activity/stats on the Home screen.

1. You'd need to ask jackie_w (although she might not be interested in home screen patches).
2. Use the SmartLink patch to only show stats.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:46 AM   #45
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post

This is not a patch I'll be adding to the official pack because Kobo have (had?) a general GUI rule that "if it's in italics it means it does something when you press it". I don't particularly want to promote official kobopatches which go against this.

OTOH, I do believe that if you buy something you're allowed to do whatever you like with your personal property, so I'll PM you.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching