Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-22-2020, 02:35 AM   #1
maybedog
Enthusiast
maybedog shines like a glazed doughnut.maybedog shines like a glazed doughnut.maybedog shines like a glazed doughnut.maybedog shines like a glazed doughnut.maybedog shines like a glazed doughnut.maybedog shines like a glazed doughnut.maybedog shines like a glazed doughnut.maybedog shines like a glazed doughnut.maybedog shines like a glazed doughnut.maybedog shines like a glazed doughnut.maybedog shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo Aura
Moving books FROM device to library

My PC drive died and I lost all of my books except an old backup from a couple of years ago. All my new stuff is on my device and it includes lots of books not in my library. It however, is missing a lot of the old stuff since it's stuff I've read or probably won't ever read. I have thousands of books of books on one or the other. So I'm trying to copy books from my device to my library and I can't see a way to do that. Is it possible? Is it just my device driver which doesn't get updated very often? (It's a Kobo.)

Thanks in advance.
maybedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 02:53 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Connect the device and go to the device list. Select the books that you want to copy to your library, right-click in the list and select "Add books to library". This should copy all the sideloaded books to the library. It doesn't work for books downloaded directly from Kobo, but, there are other ways to handle those.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 11:17 AM   #3
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Moving books!

Hi, not having found this thread when I searched for information, I started another thread on a similar question, but not exactly identical:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=349793

Here I see that Davidfor suggests "other methods" for solving a similar problem of moving books from the device to the library. In my case I also wish to move the book to another Kobo which has a different account, something which I have not been able to do as, perhaps, this book, which I bought from a bookshop in another country, seems to be encrypted.

Although my version of Calibre has all of the "usual tools", I cannot copy this book to my Calibre library so as to be able to put it on another KObo that I use more frequently.

So I am wondering if Davidfor's "other methods" might help me?

To be quite clear, I am talking about a book that I paid for and which I wish simply to move from one device to another without having to change the account on my preferred Kobo as changing the account requires reconfiguring
certain elements which I am reluctant to do.

Thanks for any advice!
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 12:38 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Can you download the epub file from your Booktopia account to your computer?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:23 PM   #5
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you Sirtel for you question! In fact thanks to DNSB I was able to solve the problem using the method suggested on the other thread that I started. Sorry for double posting — it was partly an accident!
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
card, device, kobo, library, transfer