Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-16-2019, 03:26 PM   #1
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Exclamation Bookeen Diva HD and Bookeen Diva next week

Two new e-book readers will be released (probably) next week by Bookeen. It will be the Diva HD and the Diva. Both are 6 inch, but Diva HD with 300 ppi and color temperature regulation of an integrated light. There are some more details and pictures: http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/1...uja-za-tydzien
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:31 AM   #2
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
I dont really like the look of it. I think it's a step backwards compared to the Cybook Muse line
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2019, 06:39 AM   #3
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalOfArt View Post
I dont really like the look of it. I think it's a step backwards compared to the Cybook Muse line
Yet, in another thread people said they wish reader had wider bezels to hold them more easily.

I am with you, the look isn't the most attractive but it looks like one can hold it comfortably.
Anyone know how much it'll cost?
ETA I can answer my own question. It is 140€

Last edited by Poppaea; 11-19-2019 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Add info
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #4
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
I dont really mind about the wider bezels. My main design concern is that the screen looks sunken in really deep.
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:03 AM   #5
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
It has a pleasant look, but is it just me or does Bookeen no longer have an English language store?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #6
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
So I bought a Diva HD to add to my collection.

It arrived today but I've only been able to have a brief play with it (I'm still at work).

First impressions:
  • feels thick, solid and heavy. It feels heavier than my Kindles or Kobos (of a similar size). Not a deal breaker but it might be an issue for longer read times.
  • the interface feels snappy and quick.
  • I like the "side menu" that the home button brings up, BUT it could be better. For example I can open the library or settings from there but to open a book, or change a setting, I'm likely to need to touch a part of the screen that's not in the same "thumb distance". It would have been nice if they could have built a whole interface around that.
  • back/forward buttons. Nice to have but they only seem to work in two places - paging through a book and library. If you're navigating through settings menus where there are back/forward arrows, it would make sense if you could use the buttons for that.
  • doesn't get recognised in Calibre - fair enough, I'll submit the debug log later.
  • registered with ADE and successfully downloaded a library book.
  • copied over some books from Calibre (using save to disk) and they worked fine.
  • there must be a hidden partition somewhere because there are some PD books but I can't see the files for them.
  • looks nice but the white colour means the screen looks greyer by contrast. Less of an issue with the light on.
  • possible firmware bug - the settings for the nightlight mode, setting the range of times when it's in operation, it doesn't appear to save the times. I think it maybe does but just hasn't updated the display of them.
  • which reminds me, the "invert black and white" mode applies only to when you're reading a book not the interface as a whole.
  • I also got a sleep cover. Which works well and looks nice - although it's held in place purely by magnets. I've already had the issue of plugging in the usb cable and it pushing the ereader within the case - because there's nothing physical holding it in place. Minor thing but irritating.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #7
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
there must be a hidden partition somewhere because there are some PD books but I can't see the files for them.
Ok I found them. E:\Digital Editions\Bundle - where E: is the device when connected.

However what's interesting is that these are all in English, but I've seen screenshots on the Bookeen site with French versions. So maybe the ROM has different language versions and it copies over the ones to match the device language chosen during setup?
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 10:33 AM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
It has a pleasant look, but is it just me or does Bookeen no longer have an English language store?
I don't think they ever had.

That's why I buy at kobo.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:48 AM   #9
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I don't think they ever had.

That's why I buy at kobo.
Yeah, but I mean, a store to buy the Diva itself on. They used to have one of those.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:12 AM   #10
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
Yeah, but I mean, a store to buy the Diva itself on. They used to have one of those.
bookeen.com
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:23 PM   #11
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker

And it used to be possible to swap that over to English, but I don't see the option now.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:52 AM   #12
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker

Upon looking at it again, the site is not that hard to use and Google Translate makes it simple enough to confirm, but part of what it confirms is that shipping a Diva to the United States is more expensive than the actual e-reader.