Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #31
reuben
reuben began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, iPad
Hi charleski,

Quote:
The quick hack would be just to render the table out as an image.
Yes, I agree that it is much easier to render the figure as an image (this was actually my initial workaround) but I have to revise it since the request of my client is to render the figure by using HTML/CSS code and preferably DIV tags (I forgot to mention that, sorry). I've had a hard time coding it using DIVs so I used table tags and CSS instead.

Quote:
A more complex but better solution would be to combine the images and text in a block of svg code.
Sorry, but I don't have enough knowledge on SVGs. Can you give me a sample SVG code for this figure so that I could study it?

Quote:
It's not worth trying to work around the bugs in Apple's css rendering for this, since any hacks (empty spans etc) will probably just break on the next update.
So, you mean to say that if ever we've found a possible solution for this problem then it might just be ignored by iBooks app when Apple releases an update for it?

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll try the SVG method but I'll have to study it first. I hope this could still be supported on the next update. Thanks again charles.

Still, I need more help from anybody on this issue.

Thanks in advance,
ben

Last edited by reuben; 09-17-2010 at 08:14 AM.
reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:02 AM   #32
reuben

I forgot to mention too that my client wants the text contents of the figure to be selectable (can be highlighted). I've managed to learn the SVG method but I wasn't able to select the text on it. Is there a way to code the text contents on SVG that makes them selectable?

Please see attached zip for the SVG sample.
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (997 Bytes, 281 views)

Last edited by reuben; 09-17-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 12:48 AM   #33
reuben

I've created an EPUB for the SVG version of the figure (see attached). It looks fine on iPad but I still can't select the text contents on it. Is there a code to make those text selectable? Please help. Thanks.

ben
Attached Files
File Type: epub figuretable-svg.epub (2.9 KB, 351 views)
Old 09-21-2010, 12:38 AM   #34
reuben

I believe that we have some people in this forum that are very experienced with SVGs. Can you help me with my problems from my previous posts above? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
ben
Old 09-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben View Post
Hi,

I have an EPUB that has a figure on it which I formatted using table tag and CSS styles. I used images as backgrounds for the text content and it looks fine on ADE and Sony Reader. My problem is that when I view it on iPad the text contents spills out from the layout when the font size is increased. Another problem is when it's viewed on iPad's double page view the figure is cut on the left part. I've attached the EPUB for anyone who could try to do a workaround for it. Also, is it possible to do this layout using div tags? or is there any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
ben
If you used the txtr app for the iPad, your ePub would display just fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
css, epub, format, table emulation