Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-21-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Go It Alone - Free web book on entrepreneurship

Go It Alone is a free web book in html that can be found here. According to the book, "A fundamentally new class of entrepreneur is emerging: the go-it-alone entrepreneur." While accuracy may suffer slightly, let me slightly abbreviate the three distinguishing characteristics which are given:
1) Started with a small investment and owned by the founder
2) Run by six or less people
3) Unlimited revenue possibilities

I haven't read the book, so I'm not sure what the main points of the author are, but I'd say that this new class of business is certainly only now possible because of the way technology has enabled large scale business activity via internet technologies and software. One person can reach millions with the right message and product or service. If you can provide something people want, there is no telling how fast word will spread. The power of the internet is clear from the way the latest joke or tidbit of news travels via web sites and email.

Go It Alone is written by Bruce Judson. He "is a successful go-it-alone entrepreneur, a bestselling and award-winning author, and one of the nation's leading experts on marketing and entrepreneurship. Judson's unique approach is to 'battle test' his innovative ideas by founding real businesses based on his evolving principles. These practical tests of his theories, combined with his extensive research, then form the basis for his widely acclaimed books."

It is also available in print form at Amazon from HarperCollins.

A note for those of you that may be intending to read the book on your pda. If you use iSiloX and highlight the table of contents with link depth 1 and no images, you will probably get almost what you want. But if it came out like me, the pages are not in order and the book starts on iSilo page 22. And then various pages are missing, so it seems everything is out of order.

If you figure out how to grab this for portable reading without a web connection, let us know what your trick is!

(Via LifeHacker )
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote