Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Reflashing to Sony Firmware on Mac

Hi, I have used the PRSC to flash my PRS505 and now wanted to reflash it with some other options. I know that I should reflash to the Sony firmware first, but I am using a Mac and I can't get the sony updater to see my 505 using parallels? I was wondering if someone could help me out or even point to a specific thread/reply in a thread that may help me out. Thanks in advance.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:05 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
Hi, I have used the PRSC to flash my PRS505 and now wanted to reflash it with some other options. I know that I should reflash to the Sony firmware first, but I am using a Mac and I can't get the sony updater to see my 505 using parallels? I was wondering if someone could help me out or even point to a specific thread/reply in a thread that may help me out. Thanks in advance.
Don't use any ort of emulated or virtual Windows to do any flashing of any device that uses USB. There a good chance it won't work.

That said, find someone running a real Windows system to do your flashing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 05:05 AM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Actually, I don't think that you need to reflash to the Sony software first any longer - there was an issue with the Universal Flasher that meant that you did need to, but I thought that was corrected, so maybe just give it a go using the PRSC?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote