Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 08-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #181
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As per FangornUK's request, comiclrf has been merged into calibre. You can access it from the command line using the command comic2lrf

It has also been integrated into the GUI, so you can do all the usual conversion/bulk-conversion operations on CBR/CBZ files.

Note that the code is a complete re-write, so there are probably still bugs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #182
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
That is totally awesome!
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #183
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I'm checking out a little of the first part of the Watchmen right now using this conversion Thank you!

I think this is great so long as you read comics where color is not integral to the story. Black and white manga is probably very workable.

I just read my first comic on the reader and I'm really excited. This adds a whole new level of material for me to get lost in. Woop woop!

I just started reading my first manga ever (pback or ebook) and it looks absolutely amazing on the reader.

Last edited by jakewastaken; 08-12-2008 at 09:01 PM.
jakewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:48 PM   #184
lineager
lineager has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SONY PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
The comiclrf is simple and great!
I can convert comic with good quality output on the reader.
But I face a problem that the chinese title cannot be shown on the reader.
Does comiclrf only support english title ?
lineager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:27 AM   #185
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
I'm not sure about Chinese, probably not. Have you tried the Calibre version of ComicLRF (comic2lrf), that version has now replaced this older version.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #186
lineager
lineager has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SONY PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
One more question.. can I specify the page order (from Right to Left) when splitting a single large image into 2 images during the conversion ?

The default direction is split page from left to right which is opposite to japanese comic page order
lineager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #187
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineager View Post
One more question.. can I specify the page order (from Right to Left) when splitting a single large image into 2 images during the conversion ?

The default direction is split page from left to right which is opposite to japanese comic page order
That option will be present in the next release of calibre
Old 08-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #188
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, for the record, has development on the stand-alone script now halted and is FangornUK maintaining the integrated version or are you?
Old 08-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #189
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Calibre just keeps getting better and better!
jakewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #190
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

We're both maintaining the new version My calibre wide development policy is to accept patches from anyone (with a little review). But ultimate responsibility for maintaining the code base is mine.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #191
Opsy
Opsy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505
Landscape mode

Hello, firstly I want to thank you for your program. It's great!

I suppose that your tool converts the images directly to size of the Sony Reader screen on portrait mode. Sometimes the text of the comics is almost unreadable in portrait mode and if you rotate to landscape the resolution is too low to read confortably.

Could you add an option to convert to landscape size?
Opsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:01 AM   #192
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Opsy, I don't think it's possible to do that - I've tried to find a way to do it but I think the Reader just won't work that way.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:25 AM   #193
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover

I've another request - I would like a commandline switch to set a custom cover image when creating the lrf file. I've noticed some irregularly-sized first images can sometimes upset the Sony reader, although Calibre and lrfviewer handle them just fine. Plus it is nice to be able to set your own title page.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:17 AM   #194
FangornUK
Addict

acidzebra, create a new ticket at http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/ for any requests or fixes.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:18 AM   #195
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover

Thanks, will do.