Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
the ball
the ball began at the beginning.

Device: none
A tablet/E-reader specially for manga/comics!

Well, I'm buying a present for someone who loves manga/comics and other stuff in that direction. I thought that the jetbook lite would be perfect for this,but there were some manufactures faults.
Heres the vid where i found out about the faults.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ArMnRAC3v8

Well i'm open for suggestions.
It doesn't really matter if it has a lcd screen or E-ink
Yet I think it's gonna be annoying if the refressing rate of the page is very slow. So I hope you'll have some tablet with lcd not e-ink.
So any comments are welcome .
The kindle DX was also in my mind, but I dont really think that he will like the the E-ink. Price range, beneath 200 if that is possible!.

Thank you, as you can see my English is terrible so I hope it's somewhat understandable

the ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I think a tablet is the way to go. A tablet lets install comic apps from different publishers.

I am very pleased with my 7" Archos 70 Android tablet - 256MB of memory and 8GB of storage= $270. 250 GB -= $343

The Galaxy tablet is down to $399 without a contract. Has 16GB of storage and 512MB of memory.

Comics work well on my Archos tablet. I like the 7" screen size for ease of carrying and for ebook reading. Some would prefer their 10.1" screen which is only $294 for the 8GB model.

Get at least Android 2.2 (Froyo). Tablets with 3.0 (Honeycomb) will be available soon.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
the ball

Thanks, ebusinesstutor for your comment.
I will take a look at the reviews on youtube later, but i can already see that it will be put on my "maybe buy list"!.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
You could take a look at the pocketbook iq. It is a seven inch tablet that runs android and costs about $150
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
the ball

Thanks, Latinandgreek for your comment, I will look in to it.
I'm still open for suggestions.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another one that you might consider is the Nook Color. It can be rooted and used as an Android tablet. It is $250 dollars, but I've seen some really good reviews of it.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:25 AM   #7
the ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Another one that you might consider is the Nook Color. It can be rooted and used as an Android tablet. It is $250 dollars, but I've seen some really good reviews of it.
This one is probably the one I will buy.
Thanks
Old 04-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #8
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ball View Post
This one is probably the one I will buy.
Thanks
The nook color's IPS screen is amazing. It absolutely blows away the Archos one. The nook color is also cheaper, and easy to root. I used ACV, Perfect Viewer, and Comixology on mine. They worked really well with all of my .cbr's and .cbz's.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #9
Pato
Pato began at the beginning.

Device: PSP, Jwin 700
I'm still in torn between 9.7" [Ipad or Smartq T10] and 8.9" [summer coming Galaxy Tab 8.9"]
Pato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess

I really like the 9.7 inch screen of my ipad. I thought it would be a lot smaller, before I actually saw one in person. It's about the size of a hardcover book.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #11
the ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
the Nook Color is getting Android 2.2 in the Market in January

source,
http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/14/n...ry-current-ha/

should I wait?
Old 04-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #12
Pato
Pato began at the beginning.

Device: PSP, Jwin 700
It is April already :-)
Pato is offline   Reply With Quote