Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Rooting help

I just bought a Nook to see how well I like it. One of the downfalls though is not being able to have folders for all of my ebooks and them not showing up with my B&N ebooks. I wanted to root it (and I read all of the instructions), but I wasn't sure if I should register it first? Or do I just go ahead and do it?

Edit: I am just going to do it and see what happens.

Last edited by Care; 07-30-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
tanzer21
tanzer21 began at the beginning.

Device: Microsoft Reader
I softrooted and didn't register mine. I'm not particularly keen on wifi in general and would much rather transfer things from my comp to my nook. Makes it easier for me. So no you don't have to register.
tanzer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #3
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Thanks. I did it before registering (no wifi access where I am right now), and all went well. Except I'm having a problem with organizing my file folders...

From what I read here, Trook is what you use for file folders, correct? When I go into trook, and then into my docs, I can go into a folder I made but it shows for a brief second before going back to the home screen. Is there a better way to organize your books with trook?
Old 08-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
Care
Aes Sedai

If anybody could please help me with this I would be forever grateful. It still goes back to home when trying to look in a folder. And when I make folders for some reason and I am just looking through my library with the show covers option (nookdevs), all of the covers disappeared. I erased the folders and they came back (?). Also, any book downloaded via B&N shows up gray with no cover or print at all (doesn't even say no cover available). Is this normal with the rooted nook My Library?

If somebody could give me detailed info on how they make folders and organize their books (and get all the covers to show up in one place), that would be so helpful. I bought the nook knowing if I rooted it would allow all of my covers show up and I would have better organization. If I can't get it to work, I will take it back, but I have to leave the US tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
sarahsbloke
Connoisseur
sarahsbloke began at the beginning.

Device: Original Nook, Kindle Keyboard
Download Calibre v7.10 on your PC and Calibre2opds v2.2
Organise all your books on your PC using Calibre, converting into Epub, adding covers
Copy all the library from the Calibre library folder to your Nook additional SDcard using Calibre2Opds (USB cable and tell Calibre2Opds what the extra SDcard is called)

Then everything works nicely and you don't have to worry about the folder organisation.
Don't use updates of the programs I have listed, they all have problems.

Last edited by sarahsbloke; 08-02-2010 at 09:09 AM.
sarahsbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #6
Care
Aes Sedai

Ok, thanks Sarahsbloke! I was trying to make folders, but really I just needed to organize by tags.