Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Conversion from Fictionwise ereader format

How good is the conversion the latest version of Calibre does from Fictionwise ereader format (assuming no DRM)? I normally convert from Microsoft .lit, but ereader is the only option in this case.

Output format will be LRF; I generally "tweak" my LRF output anyway, over and above what Calibre does--I convert LRF to LRS, edit the LRS and then convert back to LRF, so as long as the ereader to LRF is reasonable I can take it from there.

Thanks

I have just noticed that FW have some free ereader books so I'll try it for myself.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Let me know what you think and what you think can be done better. If you have any issues be sure to open a ticket. Also, make sure you're using the latest version. Around 0.6.30ish I rewrote the input parser.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
I am about to experiment with this, moving some 200+ books to ePub, but am going slowly at the moment. The sample book seems to be converted well on the whole, but large images seem to span multiple pages rather than fit on one page and allow zoom?

This could be a function of the margins perhaps?

I am using 0.6.30 (not keen to update further just yet as some folks are having problems on OS/X)
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:47 AM   #4
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
There seems to be a problem with double and single quotes. In the HTML I extracted from the eReader file, there is no character encoding specified; an opening double quote is encoded as 147 (0x93); this not changed by the conversion to LRF and does not display in the LRF viewer. I think the same is happening for conversion to ePUB.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:04 AM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD
large images seem to span multiple pages rather than fit on one page and allow zoom?
Open a ticket for epub output and attach a book that is displaying this behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
]In the HTML I extracted from the eReader file, there is no character encoding specified
You will need to manually specify the encoding as cp1252. calibre defaults to utf-8 if it is not defined.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Open a ticket for epub output and attach a book that is displaying this behavior.
I have created ticket #4382: Images in conversion from PDB to ePub span pages. The book is a commercial title, which I am happy to provide privately for you to reproduce the behaviour.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote