Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Plague of Hearts - FREE

This book has been zooming up the Smashwords downloads charts recently (It certainly left my book spinning in the dust).

I suspect it will hit the top ten in the next few weeks. It's Alice in Wonderland from an altered perspective (sort of like what Gregory Maguire did with Wicked and the Wizard of Oz).

It's free, well-written, and hilarious!

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5976
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Would it be appropriate for a mature 13 year old?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 05:24 AM   #3
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Would it be appropriate for a mature 13 year old?
Mature? Maybe. It's a bit risque in parts, but I would certainly let my 14 year old daughter read it. It's about on the same order as "Wicked" if you've ever read that. Some of the humor is quite grotesque as well.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:33 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
Mature? Maybe. It's a bit risque in parts, but I would certainly let my 14 year old daughter read it. It's about on the same order as "Wicked" if you've ever read that. Some of the humor is quite grotesque as well.
Thanks! I'll check it out
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:02 AM   #5
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
I was reading 24 Bones and then I saw this. I wanted something a bit lighter so downloaded it and it's hilarious so far. Highly recommended! A great big thanks to Patrick Whittacker, the author, and ASparrow for the link!

P.S. - ASparrow, your book is in my TBR queue too!

Last edited by animedude01; 12-30-2009 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Addendum
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert