Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
swhalley
swhalley began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
505 zoom button not working

I've been a lurker on this forum for over a year and a half now, and am currently experiencing a problem I've not seen listed here. My 505 zoom button no longer changes from S-M-L, but turns the page instead. It's 'stuck' on the 'S' setting and I've tried a soft reset to no avail. Has anyone any suggestions before I try a hard reset? Hoping someone can help me. Thanks.
swhalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Other than hard resetting? I got no idea what you could do.

You could try re-flashing it but i don't know if that erases your bookmarks and stuff like that
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
yeah, it's hard to tell what is going on. The first poster didn't say if he ever tried to flash it. Did he do any hacks on it. Did he drop it?
If I was to post same problem, I would list everything I did to unit and troubleshooting steps I took.
Did you let anyone else use the device?
IF you hold the button for 5 seconds does it go to landscape mode?
Did you try books that use to work and see if they work, did you do any changes in calibre that could be affecting how the 505 can handle the ebooks. What formats PDF, LRF, epub, .rtl
What changed the last week of you using your 505? Programs, ebooks, flashing, anything?

Last edited by richman; 08-05-2009 at 09:42 AM.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
swhalley
swhalley began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
To answer your questions: I (she) never 'flashed' the reader and have never hacked it in any way. I did a soft reset and when I hold the zoom button for 5 seconds it does not go into landscape mode as it used to. I also did try books that worked before and I do not use Calibre. I did drop the reader quite a while ago and it didn't appear to have hurt anything at the time, but maybe it's just manifesting itself now. I will try a hard reset and see what happens then. Thanks for your reponses.
swhalley is offline   Reply With Quote