Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Free EBook Database

Recently developed an Ebook Database to track my read, purchased and wanna get ebooks and have found it very useful and it occurred to me other Forum members might want their own version. It's in Microsoft Access and I'm uploading a copy here for anyone who would like to have one for themselves.

I've listed ten books in it so you can see what it looks like and how the features work once you download it. If you decide to use it, just delete the sample books by clicking the Edit Book List button on the Switchboard and then checking the box in the Drop column. Those books will then disappear the next time you close and reopen the database.

I find the database especially useful when I'm nearing the end of one book and am trying to decide whether I need to download a new one or just start one I've already bought.

Since mlb is apparently not a valid file extension, I'll upload this as a zip file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip E Books Database.zip (234.9 KB, 914 views)

Last edited by MickeyC; 08-23-2008 at 08:31 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I moved this thread from the ebook upload section to the Content section as it is not an ebook and seems to fit better in content (the management of) than as an ebook download.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2008, 08:27 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
oops. It was my idea to put this in the upload section under "other".
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:31 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys. I'd appreciate it if you could check out the DB and let me know if you think Forum members would find it useful as is or if it needs different features.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:22 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Your Own EBook Database

I see several people have downloaded this. Hope it's been useful. If anyone wants changes or has suggestions on how I can make it better or more useful, please let me know.
Advert
Old 06-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've just moved this as it really doesn't belong in format conversion.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks JSWolf
Old 08-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Here's the Access eBook database I mentioned at the DC Meet Up this evening. Give it a try and let me know if you have any questions.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:32 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Here's the Access eBook database I mentioned at the DC Meet Up this evening. Give it a try and let me know if you have any questions.
Can you build in a delete function please?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:39 AM   #10
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you build in a delete function please?
Did you try what Cassidym said in the first post of this thread?

Quote:
I've listed ten books in it so you can see what it looks like and how the features work once you download it. If you decide to use it, just delete the sample books by clicking the Edit Book List button on the Switchboard and then checking the box in the Drop column. Those books will then disappear the next time you close and reopen the database.

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 09-01-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #11
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Click the 'Edit Book List' button on the Switchboard then click the corresponding 'Drop' check-box for each book you want off the list. Close the Edit Book List window and, when you next bring up the 'View Master List' report, the books you checked will no longer show.

Also, it's a good idea to add some of your own books before deleting all the ones that are on there as the code gets grumpy if there are no books at all in the eBook table.

I find this a very useful tool for keeping track of the books I've read plus the ones I've bought and haven't gotten around to yet. As soon as I get near the end of an eBook, I check out my database to see what to read (or buy) next.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Did you try what Cassidym said in the first post of this thread.
OOPS! I didn't go back and reread that. I just was looking at the menu system and didn't see a delete button. Sorry about that.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #13
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
This does not seem to be working under Access 2007, getting warnings about macros and it is not possible to "browse" the data you supplied.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:08 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

it does seem to work under Access 2003.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #15
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

I designed it using Access 2003 and just tried opening it with 2007 and it wasn't happy. I'll work on a fix.