Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
r1ngx
r1ngx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
I would pay $100 for an English-Portuguese dictionary..

I have sorted through all the half-baked guides, tutorials, etc for converting the stardict dictionaries into tab then .opf then mobi and have found little success. All of the "helpful" guides seem to be missing parts. Does a Stardict-Editor even exist for windows? The only one I have found is an .exe only and when you run it, it fails because some .dll file is missing.

Is there anyone who is sharing this information?

If Amazon would put up a Larousse dictionary I would gladly pay $100 for it. I'm wasting too much time trying to convert-rig one..

r1ngx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I haven't found one for sale anywhere.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I can't help you with the dictionary but if you're missing a .dll, have you tried searching the web for it?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:31 AM   #4
Woofer
Woofer began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
This thread's a bit old, I realize, but I've got conversions of the StarDict dictionaries for English-Portuguese and Portuguese-English. Unfortunately, though, I'm unsure if they can be posted. I'm sure they're OK for personal use, StarDict publishes the conversion instructions, but posting them in a public forum might be a different matter.

If you send me a private message with your email, I'd be happy to mail them to you.
Woofer is offline   Reply With Quote