Notices

Old 02-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #46
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
OK, maybe my tests are missing a code path. Can you tell me what you're doing, step by step, and I'll make sure to follow your steps?
I don't think I am doing any special.

I am using the Calibre portable 2.50.1. Then I choose a book, then click on the "Save single format to disk..." of the "Save to disk" toolbar button. I choose kepub, then a folder to write into. I tried also try right-click menu of a book, and Save to disk or send to device. Nothing works well.

Is it possible, that your plugin doesn't work with the portable Calibre?
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:45 PM   #47
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
It should be fine with portable calibre. More likely it's save to disk, I'm not doing that.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2016, 06:29 PM   #48
LittleBiG
Zealot

I was not clear enough because I thought Save to disk and Save to device work the same way.

I start at the beginning: I tried out the metadata plugboard in Calibre, and I realized, that the metadata was not written into the kepub file, however, there was no error message shown. I was sick and tired to connect my reader many times, so I decided to continue my tests with the Save to disk instead. That time I got the error message, so I assumed, that this error message was the reason of the missing metadata in kepubs on my Kobo, so I asked for your help here. Then you created the 2.5.4 and I tried that with "Save to disk" again, and i got the second error message.

I realized I forgot to try out the "Send to device". I have just done now, and I have a good news, it is working, the desired title (using metadata plugboard) appeared correctly in my kepubs. So it seems now only the Save to disk is faulty.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:47 PM   #49
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yea, Save to Device is how I tested. I thought they worked the same. I'll add Save to Disk to my testing.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #50
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

OK, new version posted again. This time including Save To Disk testing!
Advert
Old 02-08-2016, 04:30 AM   #51
LittleBiG
Zealot

Thanks! You are awesome! Generally.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:11 PM   #52
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

There was a bug fixed that prevented this plugin from loading. Unfortunately, because of how plugins are loaded during updates, it's necessary to uninstall and reinstall this plugin to get the update.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:47 PM   #53
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
FYI the plugin zip file is missing from the first post in this thread, which means the calibre automatic plugin indexer wont pick it up.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:35 AM   #54
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Whoops, that must have been a while since I screwed that up. Fixed now, thanks!
Old 12-31-2017, 07:39 AM   #55
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Looks like there is an error in this. I've been trying to help someone with some problems here.. There is a log with some errors:

Code:
Device using plugboard kepub KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED [[u'{series_index:0>2s| | -}{title}', u'title']]
Setting metadata in: The Silence of the Flans at: C:\Users\Trice\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_vah_7z\q hqzdycaltmpfmt.kepub
Failed to set metadata for the KEPUB format of: 02 -The Silence of the Flans
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 436, in set_file_type_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.kepubmdwriter.metadata.writer ", line 35, in set_metadata
ValueError: Single '}' encountered in format string
Device using plugboard kepub KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED [[u'{series_index:0>2s| | -}{title}', u'title']]
Setting metadata in: Éclair and Present Danger at: C:\Users\Trice\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_vah_7z\s ahcqscaltmpfmt.kepub
Failed to set metadata for the KEPUB format of: 01 -Éclair and Present Danger
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 436, in set_file_type_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.kepubmdwriter.metadata.writer ", line 35, in set_metadata
ValueError: Single '}' encountered in format string
The line in error is:

Code:
        default_log(
            "KEPUBMetadataWriter::set_metadata - self.__class__={0}}".format(
                self.__class__
            )
        )
With the extra "}" at the end.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-31-2017 at 07:42 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:08 AM   #56
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Well that's fun, looks like I forgot to test everything with a metadata plugboard. New version is up now.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:11 PM   #57
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Thanks. And I'm so glad that I'd never make a mistake like that
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:31 PM   #58
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

New version just uploaded, introducing Python 3 compatibility. This version loads in both the released Python2 calibre and the beta Python 3 calibre. It should even function, but it's possible there's code paths not fully exercised.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:01 PM   #59
Jooki
Jooki began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Unicode Decode Error

Hi! I just got my Libra H2O and managed to transfer epubs to kepubs onto the device thanks to Calibre and your KoboTouchExtended plugin (may 8, 2020). Now the plugin doesn't work anymore, after I updated Calibre from 4.14 to 4.15 and the plugin from 3.2.2, I believe, to 3.2.3.

It works without the plugin installed, but then I can't get kepubs of course.

Here's the error I get when pressing "Send to device". It's connected but 0 books are shown on the device page in Calibre.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 4.15.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnicodeDecodeError</b>:'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 21: invalid continuation byte

calibre 4.15 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.18362')
Python 2.7.16+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.18362', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: KoboTouchExtended (3, 2, 3)
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1250, in dispatch_sync_event
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 113, in settings
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.common", line 95, in print_formatted_log
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.common", line 84, in _tag_args
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 21: invalid continuation byte

And here is the complete debug log:

Spoiler:
calibre Debug log
Python 2.7.16+
Python 2.7.16+
Turning on automatic hidpi scaling
devicePixelRatio: 2.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 91.8418079096 x 92.0536912752
Using calibre Qt style: True
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.00] Showing splash screen...
[0.38] splash screen shown
[0.38] Initializing db...
[0.39] db initialized
[0.39] Constructing main UI...
[1.56] main UI initialized...
[1.56] Hiding splash screen
Storage number map:
{(7L, 0L): [(2L, 'C')],
(7L, 1L): [(1L, 'D')],
(7L, 2L): [(1L, 'F')],
(7L, 3L): [(1L, 'E')]}
Storage number for USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_LINUX&PROD_FILE-STOR_GADGET&REV_0401\N873981010652&0: StorageDeviceNumber(type=7L, number=3L, partition_number=0L)
Drive letters for USBDevice(vendor_id=0x2237 product_id=0x4232 bcd=0x401 devid=usb\vid_2237&pid_4232&rev_0401 devinst=11)
{u'drive_letters': ['E'],
u'pnp_id_map': {'E': u'\\\\?\\usbstor#disk&ven_linux&prod_file-stor_gadget&rev_0401#n873981010652&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}'},
u'readonly_drives': set([]),
u'sort_map': {'E': (3L, 1L)}}
Job: 0 Get device information started
DeviceJob: 0 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 0 Get device information callback returned
Job: 1 Set library information started
DeviceJob: 1 Set library information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Set library information callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None'
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 21: invalid continuation byte

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 90, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 513, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1565, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 3542, in get_debugging_title
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 3264, in get_pref
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.common", line 95, in print_formatted_log
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 21: invalid continuation byte

DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 1 Set library information finished
No details available.
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 21: invalid continuation byte

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 90, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 513, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1565, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 3542, in get_debugging_title
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 3264, in get_pref

Job: 0 Get device information finished
No details available.
[22.30] splash screen hidden
[22.30] Started up in 22.30 seconds with 775 books
Python 2.7.16+
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1250, in dispatch_sync_event

Is this perhaps my own fault or some bug?

Thanks in advance.
Jooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:57 PM   #60
Jooki
Jooki began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I just now read the other threads. Sorry for posting the same stuff here, in the wrong thread even.

I used @Svens method successfully from the comment #2001 in the Kobo Touch Extended Driver-thread for the time being, if anyone else wonders. It seems to work with the other plugins as well.
Jooki is offline   Reply With Quote